23 февр. 2017 г.

Hacksaw Ridge

& Tom Doss: You boys wouldn’t recognize it now. Mind you, I doubt they’d recognize you. They hardly know me when I walk by ’em. It’s like I died with you. It’s like we boys never existed.

& Tom Doss: I just hope that when our Hal gets shot, it’s through the front of his jacket. Like a simple entry wound, not much mess. Artie got hit in the back, it blew most of his guts and intestines out his front, offal everywhere. Wrecked his uniform entirely. It was lucky he was dead, so he never knew how awful his uniform looked... Get outta of my sight!

& Dorothy: So are you going to ask me to marry you or what?!
    Desmond Doss: Well, I don’t know. You still going to have me?
    Dorothy: Well, I wouldn’t know, you haven’t asked.
    Desmond Doss: Well, I’m asking you, with all my heart and then some. Will you marry me?
    Dorothy: Then, yes. Yes, I will.

& Sgt Howell: I believe any man who takes such pride in his natural naked state will surely enjoy the brisk of the outdoors. Now move your privates, Private Parts! Move it! You son of an exhibitionist!

& Desmond Doss: Well, I’m sorry, Sergeant. I can’t touch a gun.
    Captain Glover: What exactly is the problem?
    Desmond Doss: No problem, just a mistake, sir. I told the Army when I joined up.
    Captain Glover: That’s not possible. Do you know why it’s not possible, Private?
    Desmond Doss: No, sir.
    Captain Glover: Because the United States Army does not make mistakes. So if there’s a problem, you must be that problem.

& Colonel Stelzer: So, you don’t hear voices.
    Desmond Doss: No, sir. I pray to God and I like to think He hears me, but it ain’t a conversation, like the one we’re pretending to have right now.
    Colonel Stelzer: Pretending, Private?
    Desmond Doss: Well, yes, sir. I know all you really want to do is give me a Section 8, drum me out of the Army, but I’m not off up above. I just simply believe what I believe.


& Sgt Howell: Well, what the hell are you saying, Doss? You bruised half your body sleeping?
    Desmond Doss: I... I sleep pretty hard.

& Dorothy: I don’t know what he’s gonna do. He loses no matter what. They want him to plead guilty, but then he’ll get a dishonorable discharge. Otherwise he fights them, and he for sure goes to prison. Either way, they’ll call him a coward and I don’t see how he can live with that.

& Desmond Doss: It isn’t right that other men should fight and die, that I would just be sitting at home safe. I need to serve. I got the energy and the passion to serve as a medic. Right in the middle with the other guys. No less danger, just... With the world so set on tearing itself apart, it don’t seem like such a bad thing to me to want to put a little bit of it back together.

& Judge: Colonel?
    Colonel Sangston: I withdraw the charges, sir.
    Judge: Then this case is dismissed. Private Doss, you are free to run into the hellfire of battle without a single weapon to protect yourself. You may resume your duties and begin training as a combat medic.

& Captain Glover: That’s our objective. Hacksaw Ridge. We take it, maybe we get Okinawa. We get Okinawa, we take Japan.

& Sgt Howell: We’re not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy. Keep climbing.

& Smitty Ryker: Rifle’s just there. It won’t bite.
    Desmond Doss: Yeah, it will.
    Smitty Ryker: Look around you. After what we’ve just been through, any sane man would be screaming for a weapon.
    Desmond Doss: I never claimed to be sane.

& Smitty Ryker: But you didn’t kill him?
    Desmond Doss: In my heart, I did.

& Desmond Doss: What is it You want of me? I don’t understand. I can’t hear You.

& Desmond Doss: Please, Lord, help me get one more... Help me get one more... Please, help me get one more... One more. Help me get one more.

& Captain Glover: We’re waiting, sir.
    — Waiting for what?!
    Captain Glover: For Private Doss to finish praying for us, sir.
    — Private Doss is praying for you? Who the hell is Private Doss?!

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий