27 февр. 2017 г.

Taboo 1×2

& Auctioner: Felice Adventurero sold for £800 to...?
    Delaney: The Delaney Nootka Trading Company.

& Sir Stuart: And where did he get the money to buy a ship?!

& Sir Stuart: One of their agents approached him, briefed him, gave him money and secured his services.
    Wilton: Who— who did, sir?
    Sir Stuart: The fucking Americans!

& Atticus: What’s the biggest thing you saw? For my files... my book about the world. What’s the biggest thing you saw in Africa?
    Delaney: An elephant. ......
    Atticus: What was the smallest thing you saw?
    Delaney: Human kindness.

& Prince Regent: Get the Admiralty to draw the map again, and make the British red and the Americans... green or something, since they are so new.
    Solomon Coop: But of course, your Highness.


& Delaney: The Nootka Sound treaty. It may be written on deerskin.
    Brace: So what you’re saying is... «Brace, do you have any idea where I can find ma ain death warrant?»

& Delaney: I would rather that you worked with me rather than against me.
    Helga: Work at what?
    Delaney: Necessary evil.

& Delaney: I’m looking for Dr. Dumbarton.
    Nurse: Follow the smell inside.

& Thoyt: Come on, James. When you left London, the East India was a trading company. Now it is God Almighty. The Prince Regent fears it. No government in the world dares to stand up to it. It owns the land, the ocean, the fucking sky above our heads. It has more men and weapons and ships than all the Christian nations combined.

& Thoyt: You think all who submit are evil. No. We are submitting to the way the world has become.

& Thorne: No. We will haunt this nigger to justice!

& Lorna: He owed me a lifetime of care. A lifetime of devotion. He owed me kisses and love. He owed me a home and a fire and perhaps children some day. In short, he owed me all that is due from a husband to a wife.

& Lorna: Calm, pretty, certain, fragrant. Calm, pretty, certain, fragrant.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий