29 янв. 2017 г.

Miles Ahead

& Miles Davis: Don’t... Don’t call it «jazz,» man. That’s some made-up word. Trying to box somebody in. Don’t call my music «jazz.» It’s social music.

& Miles Davis: ... A lot of shit. A lot of shit goes through your mind when you’re quiet, you know. You have a lot of thoughts. And they can sometimes be fighting each other. You know, like a war. And I’m a Gemini, so I’m... I’m two people anyway, you know? I was born modal. This and that. Then someday you sit there and something click. And that’s it. You start playing. That’s it.

& Miles Davis: You know, old people, they come up to me and they say, «Why don’t you play like you used to?» I say, «Tell me how I used to.» Takes a long time to be able to play like yourself. Man don’t do nothing like he used to.

& Miles Davis: The music don’t move on, then it’s dead music, you know. It’s just dead.


& Doorman: I’m sorry, Mr. Davis. Do you have a ticket?
    Miles Davis: ... You’re looking at it.

& Dave Braden: Hey, Miles! Are you coming back?
    Miles Davis: You better believe it.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий