7 апр. 2015 г.

The View from Olympus

Elementary 3×18

& Watson: Who is she and what time is she coming over?
    Holmes: How would you like to spend the next three days at the Hotel Lutece, enjoying the finest pampering that Western civilization has to offer? On me, of course. Already booked you a room.

& Holmes: She’s proven herself quite useful on a number of occasions. And we also find ourselves compatible in matters of the flesh.

& Holmes: Anyway, I’m having the woman over for her benefit, not mine; there’s a good deal of pressure surrounding her speech. I merely offer myself sexually to help her de-stress.
    Watson: And I will take the hotel.

& Holmes: Smell that.
    Det. Bell: The pavement?
    Holmes: Vomit.
    Det. Bell: That doesn’t look like puke.
    Holmes: That’s because the vomiter was drinking on an empty stomach. Gin. A particularly cheap brand of gin called Pascal’s. You can tell from the distinct blend of impurities and flavorings.
    Det. Bell: I’ll take your word for it.

& Watson: Uh, what about Agatha? All that de-stressing?
    Holmes: I think a homicide takes precedence, don’t you?

& Watson: Did you talk more?
    Holmes: About me helping to create another human life?.. What facet of my being would suggest that I have any desire to reproduce, hmm? Is it my optimistic outlook? Or perhaps the nostalgic fuzzies that you hear me spouting about my own upbringing?


& Holmes: You think they were playing couch quail?
    Capt. Gregson: If that means having an affair, yeah, we do.

& Holmes: Does not each of your users sign away his or her privacy the moment they install your app? Have we not, every one one of us, volunteered to carry around the most sophisticated surveillance and tracking device known to man?

& Holmes: I represent the end of the Holmes line...

& Holmes: Do you plan to reproduce?
    Watson: Excuse me?!
    Holmes: Are you going to procreate at some point?

& Holmes: You were right. I am... remarkable.

& Holmes: The things that I do, the things that you care about, um... you think that I do them ’cause I’m a good person. I do them ’cause it would hurt too much not to.
    Agatha: Because you’re a good person.
    Holmes: No, it hurts, Agatha. All this. Everything I see, everything I hear, touch, smell... The conclusions that I’m able to draw... The things that are revealed to me. The ugliness. My work focuses me. It helps. You say that I’m using my gifts. I say I’m just treating them. So I cannot, in good conscience, pass all of that on to someone else. Sorry.

& Watson: Well... you want company?
    Holmes: No, thank you.
    Watson: How about some ice cream? ... You know, it’s the stuff that people eat when they’re feeling a little down.
    Holmes: I have everything I need right here.
    Watson: Okay...
    Holmes: What-what kind of ice cream?

--
On the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий