22 апр. 2015 г.

Hector and the Search for Happiness

& Narrator: Once upon a time there was a young psychiatrist called Hector, who had a very satisfactory life. His world was tidy, uncomplicated. And he liked it that way. He took great comfort in its predictable patterns. Patterns, his girlfriend Clara was happy to maintain.

& Hector: No, no. I’m Hector. I am a psychiatrist.
    Stressed German: Psychiatrist! You can help me?
    Hector: I think not!
    Stressed German: But I want a penis.
    Hector: A penis... You mean happiness!
    Stressed German: Everybody want a penis, but you cannot hold a penis.
    Hector: Yes, sorry. It’s elusive, yes. You can’t touch happiness.
    Stressed German: You cannot touch a penis.

& Clara: I want a penis in my bottom of the heart.
    Hector: No, no. You want happiness, from the bottom of your heart.
    Clara: That is what I said. A penis.

& Hector: Far be it from me, and forgive me for asking, and I don’t mean to pry, but do you consider yourself as a happy person?

& «1. MAKING COMPARISONS CAN SPOIL YOUR HAPPINESS.»

& Edward: Where are you staying?
    Hector: The Marriot.
    Edward: The Marriott? For happy?

& Edward: You bust the god, you earn enough money, you retire, you do something you like. Or nothing at all.
    Hector: And then you are happy?
    Edward: Yeah. Or addicted, divorced or dead. What the hell... You pick a goal, you work towards it, makes you feel better. Just keep moving, that’s my motto... Maybe there is only one way to retire and be happy.
    Hector: And what’s that?
    Edward: Don’t retire!

& «2. A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK, HAPPINESS MEANS BEING RICHER, OR MORE IMPORTANT.»

& «3. MANY PEOPLE ONLY SEE HAPPINESS, ONLY IN THEIR FUTURE.»

& «4. HAPPINESS COULD BE THE FREEDOM TO LOVE MORE THAN ONE WOMAN AT THE SAME TIME.»

& «5. SOMETIMES, HAPPINESS IS NOT KNOWING THE WHOLE STORY.»

& Hector: When you’ve been a fugitive, you’ve been in prison for your beliefs, you’ve lost your family and loved ones... I mean, you’ve just been through so much. How is it you’re so happy?
    Old Monk: Because I’ve been through so much.

& Hector: My search for happiness is one thing, but making it the goal just doesn’t work, does it?
    Old Monk: Higher than that, Hector!
    Hector: More important than what we are searching for, is what we’re avoiding. Like unhappiness. So, don’t make unhappiness not the goal.
    Old Monk: Higher than that!

& «6. AVOIDING UNHAPPINESS IS NOT THE ROAD TO HAPPINESS.»
    Old Monk: You hold all the cards, Hector.


& Marie Louise: If you look at this plane, you’ll notice it’s quite old. That means it’s never crushed before. Should be quite reassuring.

& Marie Louise: You know, there is really only one question:
  «7. DOES THIS PERSON BRING YOU PREDOMINANTLY: A) UP OR B) DOWN? SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE HAPPINESS.»

& «8. HAPPINESS IS ANSWERING YOUR CALLING.»

& «9. HAPPINESS IS BEING LOVED FOR WHO YOU ARE.»

& «10. SWEET-POTATO STEW!»

& Hector: I’m neutral, like Switzerland!
  «11. FEAR IS IMPEDIMENT TO HAPPINESS.»

& African Boss: What’s this one? It’s been crossed out.
    Hector: It says «The evil you do in this life could cost you your happiness in the next...» No, it doesn’t, I’m sorry, I made that up. It says: «11. HAPPINESS COULD BE THE FREEDOM TO LOVE TWO WOMEN AT THE SAME TIME.»

& «12. HAPPINESS IS FEELING COMPLETELY ALIVE.»

& «13. HAPPINESS, IS KNOWING HOW TO CELEBRATE.»

& Djamila: I am not afraid, Hector. People who are afraid of death, are afraid of life.

& Djamila: You have a real talent, you know.
    Hector: Not really my field.
    Djamila: No, you misunderstand. «14. LISTENING IS LOVING.»

& Hector: You know what «smothering» is, Clara? It’s "s«mothering, with an «s»!
    Clara: That’s the lamest fucking thing I have ever heard. And you get paid for this?

& Agnes: I have never felt so happy, really. Or exhausted, I mean. The chaos, sometimes it’s just out of control. But, you know, I have a job I love, and a husband I love, and two beautiful kids I love, a home I love. The only real shadow of my happiness is that when I tell myself it’s too good to last. And Hector, the marriage, whatever the marriage is, the marriage itself is never in question. And that makes me happy.

& «15. NOSTALGIA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE.»

& Professor Coreman: We should concern ourselves not so much with the pursuit of happiness, but with the happiness of a pursuit.

& Hector: All of us, have the capacity to be happy.
    Old Monk: Higher than that, Hector.
    Hector: That we all have the right to be happy?.. Oh! I see. We all have an obligation to be happy.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий