9 апр. 2015 г.

Lucrezia's Gambit

The Borgias 3×7

& Micheletto: There was no affection. Affection leads to weakness. And I have no use for either.

& Lucrezia: No, my lord! I am a novice to the game of... chess. ... Oh, my lord! Now, that was unkind.
    Prince Rafael: It was meant to be. The game is cruelty personified.
    Lucrezia: Or, rather, strategy personified, my lord Rafael.

& Prince Rafael: ...and Lucrezia Borgia shall have as little influence on the court of Naples, as your queen on this board...
    Lucrezia: So, I have a king, and two bishops. And a knight. Is there a place for a pope in this game?
    Prince Rafael: There is no pope in the game of chess!
    Lucrezia: But the game of succession has a pope. Surely.


& Cesare: There are two sights, and a double notch.
    Micheletto: Yes.
    Cesare: This your invention?
    Micheletto: I wish I could claim so, but no. Leonardo’s.

& Giulia Farnese: He hunts.
    Rodrigo Borgia: Not a good thing in a husband.
    Giulia Farnese: You hunted.
    Rodrigo Borgia: Rarely. And only with you.

& Rodrigo Borgia: Is he deranged?
    Giulia Farnese: No, Your Holiness. He’s a poet.
    Rodrigo Borgia: Poet. So... deranged.

& Rodrigo Borgia: Who are We to trust, if not Our family? Whom are we to rely on?
    Cesare: You can trust me, Father.
    Rodrigo Borgia: Oh! We can? Why?
    Cesare: Because you have no alternative.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий