19 апр. 2015 г.

The Gunpowder Plot

The Borgias 3×9

& Cesare: His only code was loyalty. Can one of you replace him?.. Don’t even try to answer that.

& Rodrigo Borgia: Another relic?
    Mattai the Hebrew: Yes, Holiness.
    Rodrigo Borgia: The head of John the Baptist, perhaps?

& Rodrigo Borgia: You will be our agent in this. You should present yourself as a Christian.
    Mattai the Hebrew: Holiness, I cannot!
    Rodrigo Borgia: You will be trading beyond Rome’s protection.
    Mattai the Hebrew: The laws of Abraham forbid...
    Rodrigo Borgia: We ask you to present yourself, not to convert. Get rid of that... Hebrew garb. Trim those locks... and pray to whom you will in private. But in public, show a little piety.

& — You are a Christian now?
    Mattai the Hebrew: No, but I can pretend. I serve a Christian pope, so you can remain a Jew.

& Alfonso: How long could we last like this?
    Lucrezia: How long does marriage last?

& Cesare: We are family; we love each other. We are Spanish; we embrace. Where is the scandal?


& Rodrigo Borgia: I’ll make a Christian of you, yet.
    Mattai the Hebrew: My reward will be is being your heaven?
    Rodrigo Borgia: A Christian and an optimist. We like that!

& Cesare: I cannot understand why you don’t share my certainty.
    Rodrigo Borgia: Certainty is the preserve of youth.

& Lucrezia: Love can be another chain, mother, in this Borgia family.

& Mattai the Hebrew: ENOUGH!!! You are family, are you not? In my people, the bonds of family are unbreakable! Even stronger than family the bond between father and son. It is sacred. Adam begat Cain.
    Rodrigo Borgia: Who killed his brother, Abel.
    Mattai the Hebrew: Abraham begat Isaac.
    Cesare: Whom he offered up for sacrifice
    Mattai the Hebrew: And God stayed his hand! So, here we are. All of us, children of Abraham. So I ask this father to embrace his son. Give him his sanction, his support, his love...
    Rodrigo Borgia: His powder, his army...
    Cesare: His love! His love.

& Mattai the Hebrew: He is made in your image.
    Rodrigo Borgia: You think we don’t know that? He is me! All the fire, and the fury, the drive! The pitiless ambition! I look into his eyes and I see myself! Do you expect me to love that?!?!

& Cesare: If we weaken now, they’ll destroy us. There is only one road, and that is forward.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий