21 апр. 2015 г.

Exodus: Gods and Kings


& Seti: I know you don’t believe in omens or prophecies... But I do believe.
    Moses: And I respect that.

& Hegep: Let me tell you something... about hebrews. They are a conniving, combative people. Do you know what «israelite» means... In their own language?.. «He who fights with God.»
    Moses: «He who wrestles with God.» There is a difference.

& Moses: I can see you’re unconvinced, and that’s a problem. Because next to unrealistic belief lies fanaticism... And next to that, sedition, and next to that, revolution. And it all starts with the elders.

& Seti: It’s one of life’s more depressing ironies... That the men who crave power... are best fitted to acquire it, and least fitted to exercise it.

& Moses: I love everything what I know about you. And I trust in what I don’t.


& Zipporah: Who makes you happy?
    Moses: You do.
    Zipporah: Where would you rather to be?
    Moses: Nowhere.
    Zipporah: And when will you leave me?
    Moses: Never.
    Zipporah: Proceed.

& Zipporah: Is it good for our boy to grow up believing in nothing?
    Moses: Is it bad to grow up believing in yourself?

& Moses: Do you believe me?
    Gershom: [ No. ]
    Moses: Good for you. Don’t ever just say what people want to hear.

& Ramses: Who are you talking to?
    Moses: God... God.
    Ramses: Which God?

& Moses: Where have you been?
    Messenger: Watching you fail.
    Moses: You don’t need me.
    Messenger: Maybe not.
    Moses: So what do I do? Nothing?
    Messenger: For now... You can watch.
Ω Messenger? WTF?

& Moses: Do not be afraid! God is with us!

& Messenger: What do you think of this?
    Moses: I wouldn’t do it... If I didn’t agree.
    Messenger: That’s true. I’ve noticed that from you. You’re not always agree with me.
    Moses: Nor you with me. I’ve noticed.
    Messenger: Yet here we are, still speaking. But not for much longer. A leader can falter... But stone... will endure.

& Messenger: These laws will guide them in your stead. If you disagree... You should put down the hammer.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий