29 апр. 2015 г.

The Rewrite

& Keith: I can’t teach and I hate teachers, you know. They’re frustrated losers who haven’t done anything with their own lives so they want to instruct other people.

& Keith: OK. Where exactly is Binghamton?

& Keith: Oh, well, forgive me, but I’m just a little bit tired of «female empowerment...»
    Jim: Whoa! Battle stations.
    Keith: Dr Lerner, you must have an opinion on this?
    Dr. Lerner: I have a wife and four daughters. I have no opinions.

& Keith: I actually miss LA, and I didn’t think that was possible.
    Jim: «O thou invisible spirit of wine, if thou hast no name to be known by, let us call thee devil!»
    Keith: ???
    Jim: When I was younger, I thought having the perfect Shakespeare quote for any situation would make me beloved.
    Keith: It’s surprisingly unhelpful.
    Jim: Yeah, it seems to really annoy people.


& Keith: I just got into a fight with Professor McGonagall about Jane Austen.
    Ellen: You know, it’s interesting that you should bring that up. You know what J.K. Rowling said?
    Keith: «Where did I put that last billion dollars?»
    Ellen: She said that failure was the best thing that ever happened to her cos it freed her from the inessential. It allowed her to concentrate on the thing that mattered most. Writing.

& Karen: Every society back to ancient times had gods. First it was the stars and the sun, then the Greeks and Romans anthropomorphised them. Then, we had monotheism, and in today’s culture our gods are celebrities. And you know them personally.
    Keith: I suppose that makes me a kind of demi-god. Quite a morale-booster.

& Jim: I’m telling you. In a perfect world, I should be that happy.

& Mary Weldon: As Miss Austen said... «Selfishness must always be forgiven, you know, because there is no hope for a cure.»
    Keith: Did she say that? That’s quite clever.
    Mary Weldon: Mansfield Park. The key to good teaching, Mr Michaels, is the willingness to always learn something new.

& Keith: ....it makes me think that if I just try as hard as I can and really, really believe in myself, I can make my dreams come true.
    Holly: You know, when you say it, it really does sound ridiculous... Maybe it’s the accent.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий