23 апр. 2011 г.

Rabbit Hole

& Becca: You were in a bar-fight.
    Izzy: It wasn’t a bar-fight.
    Becca: You were in a bar. Fighting.
    Izzy: It wasn’t a fight. Some drunk girl was screaming in my face, so I hit her and that was the end of it.

& Howie: How long have you been in Group?
    Gaby: It’ll be eight years in June.
    Howie: Oh, I didn’t... I didn’t realize it was that long.
    Gaby: Yeah, we’re the veterans. You know for us, it’s a good way to touch base. Everyone’s on a different schedule...

& Some parent from the Group: ... God had to take her. He needed another angel. He needed another angel...
    Becca: Why didn’t He just make one? Another angel. I mean, He’s God after all. Why didn’t He just make another angel? Just putting it out there...

& Howie: ...it’s been eight months.
    Becca: But who’s keeping track?
    Howie: I am. I’m keeping track.
    Becca: I’m just not ready yet, Howie. I’m sorry if you think that’s abnormal.
    Howie: I don’t. I don’t think that’s normal at all but...
    Becca: Then what’s the problem?
    Howie: We need to at least head in that direction, which might feel strange at first, but...
    Becca: But you wanna have sex!
    Howie: Well don’t say it like that.
    Becca: You’re trying to rope me into having sex!
    Howie: I am not. I wasn’t roping you into sex...
    Becca: Al Green isn’t roping?

Al Green - I'm So Tired of Being Alone


& Nat, Becca’s Mom: You’re not right about everything, you know. What if there is a God?
    Becca: Then I’d say he’s a sadistic prick.
    Nat: Alright, Becca. That’s enough!
    Becca: “Worship me and I’ll treat you like shit.” No wonder you like Him, He sounds just like Dad. I’m sorry.

& Toy: Hey, kid. Welcome to light up apple!
    Becca: I don’t know how to turn it off. Only people without children give gifts like this.
    Toy: Come on! Goodbye.
    Becca: Goodbye.

& Becca: Does it ever go away?
    Nat: No. I don’t think it does. Not for me it hasn’t. And that’s goin’ on eleven years. It changes though.
    Becca: How?
    Nat: I don’t know. I don’t know. The weight of it, I guess. At some point it becomes bearable. It turns into something you can crawl out from under and carry around like a brick in your pocket. And you even forget it for while. But then you reach in for whatever reason and... There it is: “Oh right, that.” Which can be awful. But not all the time. Sometimes it’s kinda... Not that you like it exactly, but it’s what you have instead of your son. So you carry it around... And it doesn’t go away. Which is...
    Becca: Which is what?
    Nat: Fine... actually.

& Becca: Do you think they’re real? Parallel universes?
    Jason: I think it’s basic science. You know, if space is infinite, then everything is possible.
    Becca: So somewhere out there, I’m what?.. Making pancakes? Or at a water park?
    Jason: Sure. Yes. Yes. Both. Wherever. I think... You know, laws of probability. There are tons of you’s out there, and tons of me’s...
    Becca: Yes... So this is just the sad version of us.
    Jason: Yes, I guess. But there are other versions where everything goes our way. Assuming you believe in science...
    Becca: I like that thought. It’s nice. Somewhere out there I’m having a good time.

+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий