22 апр. 2011 г.

Norwegian Wood


& Nagasava: Life is short. There’s no sense in wasting time on books in a sense of time is absent.

& Watanabe: Is everything okay? You’re quiet.
    Naoko: I don’t know how to talk a lot... Sorry.
    Watanabe: That’s alright, I’m also not a talker.

& Naoko: Where are we?
    Watanabe: Same place we came from. We circled around.

& Naoko: What a dumb birthday! It’s so stupid, when you turn 20 and you’re not ready for it at all. You know, it’s so strange... Like someone is pushing you from the back.
    Watanabe: I still have 7 months. I’ll try to get ready.
    Naoko: Lucky! You’re still 19... To me, it seems, people should get stuck between 18 and 19. 18 ends, you turn 19. 19 ends, you become 18 again. If only you could do that... If that was possible, it’d be so... easy.

& Midori: Do you always travel by yourself?
    Watanabe: Yes... always.
    Midori: So you like being alone?
    Watanabe: Who likes that... being alone? I just try not to make friends by force. So that I’m not disappointed later.

& Watanabe: What’s true love for you?
    Midori: For example, I tell you “I want a tartalet with strawberries” You drop everything, run, buy it, then run back, breathing heavily and give it to me. And then I’ll say “I don’t want it anymore”. And you’ll throw that damn tartalet through the window. That, that’s what I call true love.
    Watanabe: To me, it doesn’t seem like it has anything to do with real love.
    Midori: It does! I want for this person to answer me “I get it, Midori, sorry, my fault. I’m a total ass, a blockhead, a dog without feelings. I’m going to bring you something else. What do you want? Chocolate mousse? Or maybe cheesecake?”
    Watanabe: And then?
    Midori: Then I will love him.


& Naoko: Don’t forget, we all aren’t really normal here.

& Nagasava: Do you want a good advice? For the future...
    Watanabe: Let’s hear it...
    Nagasava: Never feel sorry for yourself. Only degenerates feel bad for themselves.
    Watanabe: I’ll remember that.

& Midori: You can do what you want to me just never hurt me, okay? I’ve collected too much pain I just want happiness.

& Watanabe: Naoko died. Nothing can heal us from losing a loved person. Not truth, not sincerity, not strength, not kindness. All that we can, is to live while hugging this tragedy. And learn that, no other new loss will be any less painful.

& Reiko: What do you think do people fall in love in Asahikava?
    Watanabe: Of course, don’t even doubt it. It’s important that you fall in love.

& Watanabe: Where am I right now? Every new time of year I’m farther from my corpses. Kidzuki is still 17. Naoko — 21... And that’s forever.


On Imdb.

__ Preliminary reading the book is strictly advised.

+ Regarding Nagasava's 'degenerates' look @ "Норвежский лес": книга VS фильм.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий