9 апр. 2011 г.

Hereafter

& Christos: I gotta tell you I was skeptical before I came. All this psychic shit is... mumbo-fucking-jumbo as far as I’m concerned. He was telling me things I’d never told anybody. He could make money.
    Billy: He did. Good money. Had an office, website, newspaper articles, even had a book written about him...
    Christos: Yeah? So, what happened?
    Billy: Couldn’t cope*. Turned his back on the whole thing. He told me, he said, “A life that’s all about death is no life at all.” He works at a factory and makes 2 grand a month. He says he’s happy.

& Carlo: Now, in exercise class, you warm up with stretches. We’re gonna warm up with a glass of Barbaresco... a beautiful wine from the Piedmont region in northwestern Italy made from the Nebbiolo grape. ... Take a sip. Mm. Mm. And some music.
        Because cooking is all the senses, right? The nose, the eyes, the palate* and the ears. And tonight, we’re gonna start at the beginning. The cornerstone of so much of Italian cooking is the classic tomato sauce from Toscana. And in preparation, we’re gonna need chopped tomatoes, so let’s get chopping...

& Billy: I think you have a duty to do it because you have a gift.
    George: It’s not a gift, Billy. It’s a curse. You have no idea. It ruins any chance I have at a normal life.


& Marie: Can I ask you something? What do you think happens when we die?
    Didier: That’s a strange question! ... When you die, you die. The lights go out, that’s it.
    Marie: That’s it? Just blackout?
    Didier: Totally black, the plug’s pulled out. The eternal void.
    Marie: Don’t you think it’s possible that there is something?..
    Didier: Like what?
    Marie: I don’t know, something... A hereafter*.

& George: Believe me. I have enough experience of that now. I mean, sometimes, I mean... You know, knowing everything about someone, it’s... You know, it seems nice, but, really... maybe it’s actually better to hold stuff back.

& Dr. Rousseau: You know, as a scientist and atheist my mind was closed to such things. Oh, absolutely. Afterlife, near-death experiences... Like everyone else, I thought people saw bright lights, Eden-like gardens and so forth because they were culturally conditioned to do so. But after 25 years in a hospice working with people, many of whom were pronounced dead... but then miraculously survived... The account of what they actually experienced were so strikingly similar... it couldn’t just be coincidence. And add to that the fact that when they had these experiences they were almost all unconscious, a state in which my enemies agree the brain cannot create fresh images.

& Marie: So you think I really did experience something?
    Dr. Rousseau: Oh, yes. I think you experienced death. It’s all here.

& Marcus: Wait a minute. I recognize you.
    George: Sorry?
    Marcus: You’re that psychic.

& Marcus: Please, Jase, don’t go. I miss you.
    George: Okay, he came back. He’s here. He says... If you’re worried about being on your own, don’t be. You’re not. Because he is you and you are him. One cell. One person. Always.

& George: I must be crazy.


--Dict:
hereafter — будущее; потусторонний мир
cope — справляться; совладать
palate — небо; вкус

Hereafter

+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий