22 апр. 2011 г.

Human Target 2x5

Dead Head

Season 2, Episode 5


& Chance: Try the cannoli.
    Winston: I don't want to try the damn cannoli! I didn't want to try the sesame ball when he had us running all over Chinatown, or the empanada when he was supposed to meet us up there in the mission.

& Ilsa: My attorney has informed me that I’ve adopted an adult white male. When I’d laughed it off, he showed me some documentation... signed. By me. At the risk of sounding like I don’t know what’s going on with my company, what the hell is going on?

& Ilsa: All right. Oh, and, gentlemen, your paychecks. You’ll note at the bottom my signature. Try and get it closer next time.

& J.D. (client): I could be a good guy.
    Ames: People don’t blow up good guys. I’m watching you.

& Guerrero: That the Dead Head?
    Ames: Just call him J.D.

& Guerrero: Why is my full legal name printed on this envelope?! ... Paycheck?!
    Ilsa: Mm.
    Guerrero: This some kind of joke?
    Ilsa: If you’re referring to the amount, think of it as a signing bonus. Oh, and I still need that W2.
    Guerrero: No, it’s not the amount. It’s that this is not money. I only get paid in cash. I’ve never taken a check in my entire life. Look, men in my vocation can’t afford being burnt by a paper trail. Do you know what this is? It’s a license to steal. It’s a map for thieves. Get your account number, they find your social. They find your social, they got you.
    Ilsa: Who are they, exactly?
    Guerrero: Well, uh, me... And men of my ilk*.

& Ilsa: I’m running a legitimate business here. So take your check. Deposit it in a secure banking facility. Report it to the Federal government, and... Pay taxes on it.
    Guerrero: Taxes?!?!

& Winston: Ames, you’re the thief. Where do we start?
    Ames: If you really wanted to hide something, you’d put it somewhere no one else would look. When was the last time anyone staying in this motel used this?

& Winston: Huh? Anything?
    J.D.: It’s a key.
    Winston: I kno... I got two damn eyes.

& Winston: Ames, keep an eye on him. And you... Try to have an epiphany, would you?

& Chance: So you double up on caffeine today?
    Winston: I’m a little on edge. I just want to nail Broward, that’s all.

& Chance: What about the Mongrels*? They just got here.
    Guerrero: It could totally be those grease heads. ... Listen, when it comes to these guys, shoot first, ask questions later. Got it?

& Winston: Four of them, two of us.
    Chance: They won’t know what hit ’em.


& Guerrero: Dude... Do not bleed on the Eldo.
    Chance: Guerrero, he hired by who?
    Guerrero: He claims he doesn’t know. Three cracked ribs... I’m inclined to believe him.

& Detective: Mrs. Ilsa Pucci, you and your associates are suspected of kidnapping a material witness from police custody. We have a warrant for your arrest.
    Ilsa: Could you just hang on a sec? I’ve got the kettle on.

& Winston: Get the hell out of there now.
    Ilsa: And what do you suggest I do?
    Chance: You wearing heels?
    Ilsa: ... Of course.
    Chance: Take them off.

& Chance: Derivatives... Credit default swaps... You understand any of this stuff?
    Winston: Who the hell understands that stuff?

& Ames: Jackpot!
    J.D.: The odds of me being good are getting really bad, aren’t they?
    Ames: J.D., I don’t care what you did. No, this is a sign. You, me, a van full of cash, the open road...

& Guerrero: I’m taking you someplace safe till this thing blows over.
    Ilsa: How about the Ritz? I’ll need a few things first. Shoes, for starters.
    Guerrero: No, no, I don’t think you’re fully grasping your situation here. You use a credit card, ATM... you flash your I.D., that’s like sending up a flare.
    Ilsa: No credit cards?
    Guerrero: What did I tell you? Cash is a king. I suppose I’m gonna have to float you a loan now.

& Ames: What, you’re just gonna leave me here with a van full of cash?
    Winston: ... I trust you.

& Ames: I can’t believe I haven’t run off with your millions of dollars.
    J.D.: Actually, it was over $10 million. $10,860,000, to be exact.
    Ames: You knew how much was there. You remembered something.
    J.D.: I wish. No, I just added it in my head. Each stack of $100 bills is approximately 4/10 of an inch thick, and the pile was 18 inches high and three feet deep. It’s simple math.
    Ames: Holy crap. You’re a Rain Man.
    J.D.: What?

& Winston: Tell me you got those bank records.
    Ames: Uh, bad news. There are no banking records. But the good news is we’re about to go and drain the Bellagio of everything but its fountain.


-- Dict:
ilk — род
Mongrel — дворняжка; ублюдок


On Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий