2 янв. 2014 г.

The Butler

& Cecil’s Dad: Look at me, boy. Don’t you lose your temper with that man. This his world. We just living in it.

& Cecil: Back in Macon, I’m a house nigger, a good one.
    Old Butler: .... Don’t you ever use that word, son! That’s the white man’s word. It’s filled with hate... Didn’t your father ever teach you any better?

& Old Butler: Cecil, we got two faces. Ours, and the ones that we got to show the white folks. Now, to get up in the world, you have to make them feel nonthreatened. Use that, them fancy words that I’ve taught you. White folks up north, they like some uppity coloreds. Yeah.

& Louis Gaines: It’s the boss man, Dad. What’s he calling for?
    Cecil: When the white man call, I always assume the worst.


& Freddie: Are you political, Mr. Gaines?
    Cecil: No, sir.
    Freddie: Good. We have no tolerance for politics at the White House.

& Freddie: You hear nothing, you see nothing. You only serve.

& Louis: We have started our own political party.
    Charlie: What’s your party? You like to party? I like to party. What’s your party called?
    Gina: The Black Panther Party.
    Cecil: What kind of name is that? What’s that stand for?
    Gina: We... provide free breakfast for children, free medical clinics, free clothing, self-defense classes...

& Gloria: Everything you are and everything you have is... ’cause of that butler.

& Cecil: Is there anything else that you would like... Mr. President?

& Ronald Reagan: This whole civil rights issue... I sometimes fear I’m... on the wrong side of it, that I’m... just wrong.
    Cecil: Sometimes I think I’m just scared of what it really means. But I’m trying not to be so scared anymore.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtrack!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий