21 янв. 2014 г.

Seeing Things

True Detective 1×2

& Marty: Marines, Korea. Never talked about it. You know, there was a time that men didn’t air their bullshit to the world. You know, it just wasn’t a part of their job.

& Marty: Every person within a thousand miles of here is religious in some kind of way, except you.

& Rust: You know, you reach a certain age, you know who you are. Now I live in a little room out in the country, behind a bar. Work 4 nights a week; in between, I drink, and there ain’t nobody there to stop me. I know who I am. After all these years, there’s a... there’s a victory in that.

& Rust: Shee-it. Just what have you two heard about me?

& Lucy: Kinda strange, like you might be dangerous.
    Rust: Well, of course I’m dangerous. I’m police. I could do terrible things to people... with impunity.

& Rust: Maybe you could just follow your nose.


& Marty: There are other places she could go.
    Madam: Such holy bullshit from you. It’s a woman’s body, ain’t it? A woman’s choice.
    Marty: Well, she don’t look like a woman to me. At that age, she is not equipped to make those kind of choices. But I guess you don’t give a shit what kind of damage she’s doing to herself, as long as you’re making your money.
    Madam: Girls walk this Earth all the time screwin’ for free. Now, why is it you add business to the mix, and boys like you can’t stand the thought? I’ll tell you. It’s ’cause suddenly you don’t own it the way you thought you did.

& Marty: Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?

& Det. Gilbough: Why homicide?
    Rust: Oh, something I saw at Northshore. Quote from Corinthians. “The body is not one member, but many. Now are they many, but... of one body.”
    Det. Papania: What’s that mean, though?
    Rust: I was just trying to stay a part of the body now.

& Mr. Kelly: So you’re telling me the world isn’t getting worse? I seen kids today, all in black, wearing makeup, shit on their faces. Everything’s sex... Clinton!
    Marty: You know, throughout history, I bet every old man probably said the same thing. And old men die, and the world keeps spinning.

& Rust: You know how I think about my daughter now? You know what... what she was spared? Sometimes I feel grateful. Doctors said she didn’t feel a thing. Went straight into a coma, and then, somewhere in that... blackness, she slipped off into another, deeper kind. Isn’t that a beautiful way to go out?.. Heh! Painlessly, as a happy child... Hmm. Yeah, trouble with... dying later is you’ve already grown up. Heh! Damage is done. It’s too late.


On the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий