14 янв. 2014 г.

Mr. Morgan's Last Love

& Pauline: I hope you like your wife.
    Matthew: I did. She’s dead. ... She died. Three years, two months and 11 days ago.

& Matthew: You know when you love something so much you start to hate it? ... I stopped looking at my books when I stopped loving life.
    Pauline: Why did you stop loving life?
    Matthew: Well, you don’t love life itself. You love, uh, places, animals, people, memories, food, literature, music. And sometimes you meet someone... who requires all the love you have to give. And if you lose that someone, you think everything else is gonna stop too. But everything else just keeps on going.

& Matthew: Giraudoux said, you can miss a single being, even though you are surrounded by countless others. Those people are like... like extras. They cloud your vision, they’re a meaningless crowd. They... They’re an unwelcome distraction. So you seek oblivion in solitude. But solitude only makes you wither.

& Pauline: I think the day we figure out everything about our lives is the day we die.


& Karen: Who was that?
    Miles: Our future stepmother, for all I know.

& Pauline: You know, if I had a father like Matthew, I would be very happy...
    Miles: Why, ’cause he’s such a shining example of fatherhood?
    Pauline: ...that he’s still alive.

& Pauline: Do you want to keep the hangers?
    Matthew: No. There are few things more depressing than empty coat hangers.

& Matthew: You’re not dying. It wasn’t supposed to be like this... It wasn’t supposed to be like this.

& Miles: All I ever heard from you is what I did wrong.
    Matthew: Because I didn’t know how to tell you... that I didn’t want you to become like me.

& Miles: I knew that Mom would never love anyone like she loved you who wasn’t worth it.
    Matthew: You know, to this day... I don’t know why your mother picked me.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий