26 янв. 2014 г.

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

& Delysia: You’re a bona fide genius, Guinevere!
    Guinevere: Miss Lafosse, it has been a most exciting, one might say exhilarating experience, meeting you, though I can’t help feeling one fraught with moral complexity. But now that the crisis has been averted, I simply must take my leave.
    Delysia: What? Oh, you can’t go. Please don’t go. The crisis is ongoing.

& Nick: Since when did girls together smoke cigars? Hmm? Answer me that.
    Guinevere: .... If I want to smoke cigars, I’ll damned well smoke cigars, thank you very much. And to hell with your opinion.
    Nick: What, they’re yours?
    Guinevere: You betcha, baby.

& Guinevere: This is me?
    Delysia: All you. As nature intended.


& Michael: You know what? Prison certainly clears the head. Pure and simple, I want you to marry me. And it’s a one-word conversation, Delysia.

& Delysia: And who says I’m looking for a darned husband this very minute, anyway?
    Guinevere: Not everything comes along just when we want it. There are times when choices just have to be made, or you certainly will miss out.

& Guinevere: He died. In the mud in France. A good, solid man. You would call him dull, no doubt, but he smiled whenever he saw me, and we could’ve built a life on that.

& Guinevere: Your heart knows the truth, Delysia. Trust it, for life is short.

& Delysia: Well? Is it a yes or is it a no?
    Michael: What?
    Delysia: Will you doggone marry me or will you doggone not?

& Joe: I’ve been looking for you all night, and, I believe all of my life. If you’ll have me. ... A nod of the head will do me fine.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Marvelous. Magnificent. Delicious.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий