5 нояб. 2012 г.

Ruby Sparks

& Harry: You should keep working out. That way, they’ll want you for your body.
    Calvin: What does this thing even do?
    Harry: It turns you into a god.

& Ruby: Think about it. You’re a novelist. You think this guy’s the greatest. So you name your dog after him to cut him down to size. This way, you can put him on a leash... and yell “Bad Scotty!”... and feel all superior because you pee inside. Kill your idols, man. I’m all for it.

& Calvin: It’s like... It’s like I’m falling in love with her.
    Dr. Rosenthal: That’s wonderful.
    Calvin: I can’t fall in love with a girl I write.
    Dr. Rosenthal: Why not?
    Calvin: Because she’s not real.
    Dr. Rosenthal: Isn’t she? Are you sure?
    Calvin: No. Yes. She’s some motherfucking product of my imagination!

& Harry: I’m telling you, Calvin, the honeymoon shit, it doesn’t last... Women are different up close. I love Susie... but she’s a weirdo. Sometimes, she’s mean as fuck for no reason. She’s a person.

& Calvin: It’s not real! It’s not real!

& Harry: Are you saying Ruby is in your house?
    Calvin: I started seeing her this morning. It’s like that movie Harvey, except she’s not a giant rabbit.

& Harry: Listen to me. I want you to leave the house... see a friend. A friend who can’t see your imaginary friend.

& Calvin: She’s real.

& Ruby: What is going on with you?
    Calvin: I don’t know. I’m sorry. Oh, I’m just having trouble... wrapping my head around the reality of this situation.


& Harry: There’s gotta be some logical explanation.
    Calvin: Love isn’t logical.
    Harry: No, but you know what is? Physics. Or metaphysics. People don’t appear out of thin air.
    Calvin: She did.
    Harry: How?
    Calvin: I don’t know how. It’s love. It’s magic.
    Harry: Okay.
    Calvin: What are you doing?
    Harry: Calling your doctor.

& Harry: What about in a couple months or days?.. Women are mysterious creatures. I still look at Susie like: “who are you? who... are... you?”
    Calvin: I know Ruby, Harry. I wrote her.
    Harry: So you can make her, like, do anything. For men everywhere... tell me you’re not gonna let that go to waste.
    Calvin: I will never write about her again.

& Ruby: There has to be space in the relationship. Otherwise, it’s like we’re the same person.

& Langdon: And what do you do, Ruby?
    Ruby: Nothing.
    Langdon: How refreshing... And what do you do in your spare time?

& Ruby: Fuck you! I’m not your child!

& Harry: Why not? You got a pretty great story.
    Calvin: Everyone will think I’m crazy.
    Harry: No. They’ll think it’s fiction.

& Calvin: “...I am no J.D. Salinger... but I have witnessed a rare miracle. Any writer can attest... in the luckiest, happiest state... the words are not coming from you, but through you. She came to me wholly herself. I was just lucky enough to be there to catch her.”

& Ruby: Have we met before?
    Calvin: I don’t know.
    Ruby: You seem really familiar... Maybe we knew each other in another life... Or maybe we just go to the same coffee shop.

& Ruby: Can we start over?

& Ruby: Just don’t tell me how it ends, okay?
    Calvin: Promise.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ A pleasant Soundtrack.

Σ Another Pygmalion. +Dr. Rosenthal is here for a reason.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий