2 окт. 2011 г.

Setup

& Sonny: When I was younger I wanted to be a priest. I was going into battle to save men’s souls from the evil of the world. But as I got older, I saw the world for what it really was. It wasn’t so much who I was going to save, but who was gonna save the world from me.

& Vince: Yo, man, you just moved in here a week ago. How the fuck does everybody know your name already?
    Dave: It’s a gift. ’m blessed with an outstandingly magnetic personality.
    Vince: Big fucking mouth you mean.
    Dave: Okay, Mr. Antisocial. Next time you’re standing next to some chick trying to get laid, you’re gonna need my big mouth.

& Sonny: We were like brothers.
    Priest: Then rest assured he is in a better place now.
    Sonny: How do you know? You ever been dead before?

& — You got a name?
    Sonny: Sonny.
    — Like in “O what a sunny fucking day we’re having?”

& Sonny: Is that right?
    Mr. Biggs: Yeah, that’s right. Every fucking thing I say is right.

& Sonny: What’s in it for me?
    Mr. Biggs: Very few men know the exact value of their life. Now you know what yours is worth. $2 million.

& Sonny: Hey, you got a plan?
    Petey: A plan? Oh yeah, the plan’s real complicated. You’re gonna sneak your ass down there and shoot those motherfuckers in the head and grab the money. Then you’re gonna run your ass back up here like a crack nigger at a police funeral. You down with that, homie?
    Sonny: And where you gonna be at?
    Petey: Oh, close enough to shoot you in the head if you fuck up.
    Sonny: What’s to stop you from shooting me after I bring you the money?
    Petey: That’s what we call a calculated risk.


& The butcher: Did you know there’s 207 bones in the human body? And 27 of those are in the cranium*. Now the average cranial capacity of modern man... hit it, would you? ...is 1200cc. And the average cranial capacity of Neanderthal man is 1800cc. I was just thinking how fascinating that a creature that we think is a primitive caveman actually had 27% more brains than anyone alive today.

& Sonny: As for Petey, well... let’s just say there’s a reason I’ll never eat a hamburger again.

& Tony: Mr. B.
    Biggs: Yeah, Tony?.. You know, one of the greatest pleasures of my life is eating my breakfast and reading the sports page. I like reading the box scores. I like seeing who wins, who loses... It relaxes me... You know what I mean? Now they say that they’re gonna stop publishing newspapers so people can read the stats and the box scores on their fucking cell phone. Who wants to look at a cell phone when you’re eating food?.. It’s ridiculous. I’ll tell you what it is... uncivilized.
    Tony: It’s a different world.
    Biggs: Same world, different toys.

& Priest: I was hoping I’d see you again, my son. You can leave the burden of life at the door of God’s house.
    Sonny: You really believe all this shit, Father? I mean, if He made good He also made bad, right?
    Priest: Do you believe in free will? The idea that you are free to make your own choice in this world?
    Sonny: Of course.
    Priest: Then how could you make a choice between right and wrong if God did not offer the two extremes? The path to God is based upon your ability as a thinking, feeling being to make the correct decisions. If everything was perfect, then you wouldn’t be on earth. You’d already be in heaven.
    Sonny: You don’t live in my world, Father.

& Biggs: You want a drink?.. Might help you relax a little.
    Sonny: Why is it rich people are always telling me to relax?
    Biggs: ’Cause you’re young. You’re a young man. Young guys just want to run through their life as fast as they can. Set it up, knock it down. It’s short, real short. You get to be my age you see just how short it is. The older you get, the closer you get to your death, you want to relax. You want to take your time. There’s no rush, kid.

& Vince: How much do you want? Huh? How much is my life worth to you?
    Sonny: A rat’s skin is only worth something to a rat, Vince.

& Sonny: A man once said an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. As I was not my brother’s keeper, neither was I his killer. I could live with the fact that Vincent was still alive. The question was, could he?

--
cranium — череп

On the Imdb.

__ В двух словах: УГ.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий