5 окт. 2011 г.

Green Lantern

& Tomar-Re: In order to be chosen by the ring, it was said one must be without fear.

& Parallax: You are afraid. Good.

& Hal: Sorry, I gotta run. Make yourself at home, okay? There’s, uh, water in the tap.

& Hal: Now let’s get these pants off and fly some planes.

& Bob: Watch your back!
    Hal: That’s impossible, Bob.

& Jason: Were you scared?
    Hal: It’s my job not to be.

& Hal: He said that the ring chose me. He said it was a great honor. Responsibility.
    Thomas: Responsibility?
    Hal: Yeah.
    Thomas: You?! Well, maybe on their planet “responsibility” just means “asshole.”

& Tomar-Re: Have you concluded admiring yourself?

& Tomar-Re: We’re going to fly now.
    Hal: Fly?!
    Tomar-Re: Absolutely.
    Hal: All right... I can do that. I can do that. ... Yeah! Whoa! Whoa!

& Tomar-Re: Your will turns thought into reality. To master the ring, you must learn to focus your will... and create what you see in your mind. The ring’s limits are only what you can imagine.


& Kilowog: Never let your guard down, poozer. Welcome to Ring Slinging 101. Or as I like to call it: The worst day of your worthless life.

& Kilowog: The human. Ain’t never seen one before. You smell funny.
    Hal: Ugh. I smell funny?!

& Kilowog: All right, poozer. Let’s see what you’ve got. Your constructs are only gonna be as strong as your will. And your will is pathetic. I’m gonna work you and I’m gonna hit you... until your will is strong enough to be worthy of the Corps. Next lesson.

& Kilowog: The bigger you are, the quicker you burn. ... Gravity’s a bitch.

& Kilowog: Here, let me help you... Remember, your enemy, he’s not gonna play fair.
    Hal: Well, that’s good advice. ... Thanks, gorgeous.

& Sinestro: I’m a Green Lantern. I fear nothing. Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action. Fear is what stops you and makes you weak. Makes your constructs feeble. You must ignore your fear. When you’re afraid, you can’t act. When you can’t act, you can’t defend. If you can’t defend, you die. You reek* of fear, Hal Jordan.

& Tom: You’re a superhero. Don’t they always get the girl?

& Carol: What is this?! Why is your skin green? Why are you glowing? What the hell is with that mask?!
    Hal: It came with the outfit. Cool, huh?

& Hal: Fearless is the job description.

& Hal: Stay here.
    Carol: No problem.

& Parallax: I feel your fear growing. You will be dead soon.
    Hal: In brightest day, in blackest night...
    Parallax: ...And when you’re gone, I’ll destroy everything you ever loved.
    Hal: ...No evil shall escape my sight.
    Parallax: ...Your family, your home, your planet will be no more.
    Hal: Let those who worship evil’s might...
    Parallax: ...The entire human race will be wiped out because you, Hal Jordan...
    Hal: ...were afraid. Beware my power: Green Lantern’s light!

& Carol: So, what happens now?
    Hal: I’m gonna go look for trouble.

--
reek — дымиться; вонять

+ quotes on the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий