17 дек. 2010 г.

Easy A (2/2)


& Olive: Don't stop. Yeah! Don't stop.
   Brandon: It's too much fun.
   Olive: You ready for the grand finale?
   Brandon: Yeah. What?! ... Oh! Oooooh...
   Olive: Oh, yeah! Yeah. ... Come on. Go forth, my son. You're a man now.



& Olive: Maybe this is gonna sound stupid... and, believe me, it's not like I was expecting, you know, fireworks... or a string quartet or anything... but I always thought pretending to lose my virginity would be a little more... I don't know, special? Judy Blume should've prepared me for that.



& Rosemary (Olive's Mom): He seems like a nice kid. He seemed a little incredibly gay.
   Olive: A dyed-in-the-wool homosexual, that boy is.
   Mom: I just want you to know your father and I are totally supportive. We love you no matter what the sexual orientation of your opposite-sex sex partner.


& Dad: You all right, buddy?
   Olive: Yeah.
   Dad: Give them hell.



& Marianne: Jesus tells us to love everyone. I mean, even the whores and the homosexuals, but it's just so hard. It's so hard because they keep doing it over and over again.


& Olive: Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in '80s movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawn mower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once, I want my life to be like an '80s movie. Preferably one with a really awesome musical number... for no apparent* reason. But, no. No. John Hughes did not direct my life.


& Mr. Griffith: I'm hearing some rumors.
   Olive: Well, those are true. I am considering becoming an existentialist.
   Mr. Griffith: You know what I'm talking about.
   Olive: Jeez. When did teachers become privy* to idle adolescent gossip?
   Mr. Griffith: That would be when everyone is putting everything up on Facebook. I don't know what your generation's fascination* is with documenting your every thought... but I can assure you they're not all diamonds. "Roman is having an okay day and bought a Coke Zero at the gas station. Raise the roof." Who gives a rat's ass?


& Olive: Never underestimate the power of extremists like Marianne. They sense any weakness, they pounce like jungle cats. And the whack pack* just gets bigger and bigger. But at least they have a pack...


& Olive: Do you have a religion section?
   Bookstore salesman: It's over there. Can I help you with something?
   Olive: The Bible.
   Bookstore salesman: That's in bestsellers, right next to Twilight.


& Olive: I... You know what? I'm just gonna... I'm just gonna go check out Judaism because... The Jews and I have a lot in common. Just fashion-wise and stuff.



--Dict:
dyed-in-the-wool = deeply ingrained in the nature of a person or thing.
apparent — очевидный; явный; несомненный
privy — посвященный
fascination — очарование; обаяние; прелесть
whack pack = A group of individuals, usually young males, who are mistakenly under the impression that they are hip or cool.


+ on Imdb.



!! Inimitable, delicious Emma Stone (Zombieland).

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий