13 дек. 2010 г.

30 Rock 2x12

Subway Hero

Season 2, Episode 12


& Liz: These things are so bad for me. 400% of my sodium? I should not be eating these.


& Jake: Tracy. My friend. Have you ever considered becoming the celebrity face of the republican party?
    Tracy: What? Hell, no. Black people supporting republicans? Does hot support cold? Does rain support the earth?
    Jack: Now that misperception is precisely why the GOP needs better celebrities, and a black celebrity such as yourself would really make us look good. Do you like lower taxes?
    Tracy: If I paid taxes, I sure would.
    Jack: How about gun ownership?
    Tracy: Go on.
    Jack: States' rights?
    Tracy: I love states' rights.
    Jack: And let none of us forget the GOP is the party of Lincoln.
    Tracy: Lincoln was a republican?
    Dot com: Actually, today's republican party would be unrecognizable to Lincoln. He fought a war to preserve federal authority over the states. That's not exactly small government.
    Jack: Dot com, this need you have to be the smartest guy in the room is... off-putting*.
    Dot com: I guess that's why I'm still single.


& Jack: Let me ask you a question, Kenneth. If Mr. Bright here told you to vote Republican, would you do it?
    Ken: Oh, uh, no, sir. I don't vote Republican or Democrat. Choosing is a sin, so I always just write in the Lord's name!
    Jack: That's Republican. We count those.


& Bucky: Back then we didn't have pages*, you know. We had what we called 'sandwich girls'.
    Ken: Oh, because they got you sandwiches?
    Bucky: No, no, no, two guys 'd get... Hey, my old dressing room.


& Bucky Bright [about writers' room]: We used to call this the "Jew room".


& Tracy: Oh, Sam. Sammy. You were a republican?
'Nixon': He sure was. Black, Jewish, one eye, a white wife.


& Liz: I might be an idiot. I know I'm supposed to make myself nice meals, instead of eating junk. Do you know what I use my oven for?
    Jenna: Warming your jeans in the morning?


& Dennis: You must know what I'm talking about... you smell rich.
    Jake: Thank you. My cologne is distilled from the bilge* water of Rupert Murdock's yacht.


& Liz: Everything in my life is work.
    Jenna: But not Dennis Duffy!
    Liz: I don't have to shave, I don't have to bathe, I don't have to be clever or nice, you know. I can just be myself. Isn't that what love really is?
    Jenna: No. Love is hiding who you really are at all times, even when you're sleeping. Love is wearing makeup to bed and going downstairs to the Burger King to poop, and hiding alcohol in perfume bottles. That's love.
    Liz: Uh, it just sounds hard. Being with Dennis is easy. If you give into it,you just start to feel kind of numb and warm, and then you just get sleepy. That's not that bad.
    Jenna: That's exactly what they say it's like when you freeze to death.



-- Dict:
off-putting — обескураживающий; смущающий; неприятный
page — паж; мальчик-слуга; посыльный
bilge — днище; трюмная вода


+ On Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий