25 дек. 2010 г.

Mad Men 3x1

Out of Town

Season 3, Episode 1


& Draper: Close your eyes. You're on a warm, sandy beach...
    Betty: Because I'm a whale.
    Draper: Shh. You're on a warm, sandy beach... You can smell the faint scent of coconut oil... And as you slide your hands through that cool patch of sand underneath that shadow of your deck chair...


& Hooker: While we're on the topic of decorum, I'd like to speak with you about the way I'm being addressed.
    Joan: Could you be more specific?
    Hooker: The switchboard, I'm not John. I'm Mr. Hooker.
    Joan: That's the way they've been taught to address the secretaries.
    Hooker: Yes, well, as I've explained in Great Britain...
    Joan: A truck is a laurie and an elevator is a lift. I've got it, Mr. Hooker. Despite your title... You are not a secretary.
    Hooker: I'm Mr. Price's right arm. I'm not his typist.
Of course.


& Ken: I wouldn't be much an account man if I didn't ask what it pays.
    Price: I wouldn't be much of a financial officer If I wasn't prepared to disappoint you. It's 21, but we'll reevaluate this year.


& Shelley: What are we doin'?
    Draper: I don't know.
    Shelley: I'm engaged. On the other hand, you might be my last chance.
    Draper: I've been married a long time. You get plenty of chances.


& Howard Mann: My father's extremely concerned about the business, right now.
    Draper: What was it, about our work?
    Howard Mann: I mean, we don't want to take credit for everythingbut, uh, two of every three raincoats sold last year had London Fog stitched on the inside pocket. Dad was worried that everyone who's ever going to buy a raincoat already has one.
    Morris Mann: Because a business has to get bigger every year... That's capitalism.
    Well, our worst fears lye in anticipation. That's not me, that's Balzac.
    Howard Mann: I've been investigating umbrellas, bags, hats...
    Draper: There are companies that all they do is make hats. London fog is a 40-year-old brand. That sounds like it's existed forever. And you've established with our help. That it means one thing - raincoats. New products aside... There will be fat years. And there will be lean years... But it is going to rain.


& Pete: Why does it always have to be like this? Why can't I get anything good all at once?
    Trudy: This is an amazing opportunity! They believe in you. Don't turn it sour*. It's a test.
    Pete: Why not just cut it short and tell them I want it.
    Trudy: You can do whatever you want. But they do not want to hear your outrage. They want you to beat Ken.
    Pete: I know what they want, Trudy. And honestly, I don't know... I can't live with this.
    Trudy: But you'll try.


& Roger: The girl's gone. I have Stolichnaya and Cuban cigars... Sent them from Greece.
    Draper: Should've tried a pound of opium.


& Draper: So, Cosgrove versus Campbell. Is Cooper playing god or Darwin?



-- Dict:
sour — озлобляться; скисать; угрюмый; сердитый


On Imdb

_ Good old fellas... Take time 2 get back to u.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий