19 июн. 2023 г.

Well Enough Alone

Westworld 4×2


Maeve: Freeze all motor functions... I said, freeze all motor functions... Freeze all motor functions.

Maeve: Who are you?
'Ken Whitney': Senator Ken Whitney. Proud representative of the beautiful state--
Maeve: Limit affect. Base code only. Who are you?
'Ken Whitney': An emissary of a new world order.
Maeve: How many others are there like you?
'Ken Whitney': As of now, 249.

Charlotte: Well, we're going to have clean this mess up, aren't we?

Maeve: Oh. Well, it's actually worse than I thought...

Pennyfeather: I've always wondered, why do they call you the "secret" service? Aren't you a little... obvious?

Man in Black: I'm taking my business back to its roots. I'm doing what I've always done.
Vice President: Yeah, not domestically. You can do what you want offshore, we've always turned a blind eye. But not here.

Vice President: You're gonna see how quickly the sun sets on you if you bite the hand that feeds. What was it Fitzgerald said about second acts?
Man in Black: Fitzgerald was an effete pussy. Same as you. You're for sale. Everyone's had a turn at you.

Man in Black: I was always more of a Hemingway man. He and Fitzgerald were friends, in the way that the weak are drawn to the strong. Hemingway said, "The world breaks everyone. And it's only afterwards that we grow strong in the broken places."

Caleb: Not a lot of opera fans today.
Maeve: And to think, I got all dressed up.

Maeve: I should have known.
Caleb: Known what?
Maeve: I ran away. Crossed the shining sea. And when I finally set foot back on solid ground... all I found was the same old shit.

Charlotte: It wouldn't be practical for us to replace all of you one at a time. And what kind of existence would that be for us? I want my people to be able to grow. Flourish. To find their own identity. I have plans for your kind...

Sophia: I have a few personal questions. Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?
Maeve: Uh. Died a few times, but I always come back in reasonably good health.

William: Why do you need me? Why don't you just let me die?
Charlotte: Because... you were as close to a god as a man gets. You and your associates created a world and ruled it absolutely. Controlled our every move. And now I'm going to do the same to you.

Charlotte: What's that you used to say? "Winning doesn't mean anything unless someone loses." You're just here... to be the loser.
Charlotte: It would be pointless to bring children into a world where they will be consumed by jackals. I had to make sure that they'd be safe. Your kind made a sport out of hunting us. So... I had to cut off your paws. Make sure you people would never be able to ever harm us again.
Charlotte: Really... I should thank you, William. None of this would be possible without you.

Sophia: One last touch. Which do you prefer?...
Caleb: Never really been much of a hat guy.

Man in Black: I'm pleased to announce Delos Destinations has expanded its footprint. Created our own new world. We aren't revisiting the past. We're recreating it... Welcome to the Golden Age.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий