10 июн. 2023 г.

German for Beginners and a Crazy Old Man with a Bat

Young Sheldon 6×20


Sheldon: I brought you some snacks. For Mom, a Bavarian-style pretzel. And for Dad, four Lone Star beers poured into a pitcher to approximate a stein.
George: What do you want?
Sheldon: For starters, a danke wouldn't kill you.
Mary: A what?

Sheldon: If you were thinking of thanking, then you'd be denken of danken... You're awfully quiet. I assume you're denken.
Mary: W-Where are you going with all this?
Sheldon: If I play my cards right, Germany.

Sheldon: I nixed it.
Mary: You nixed it?
Sheldon: From the German nichts. The language lends itself to negativity.

George: This is not a yes!
Sheldon: But it's also not a nein, which German for "no", as opposed to the number nine, which is neun.

Mary: Is this trip really that important for him?
Dr. Sturgis: The string theory research they're doing is at the forefront of the field. This is a tremendous opportunity for Sheldon!

Mary: And the university would cover our expenses as well?
Dr. Sturgis: The university isn't gonna pay for any of it.
George: Okay, meeting adjourned.
Dr. Sturgis: Great. Well, let me know if there's anything else I can, uh, help you with.
Mary: Actually there is. Um... Would you tell Sheldon that he's not going?

Dale: Not all criminals are masterminds, Connie.
Connie: Okay, fine. What's your plan?
Dale: Until we track down the guys or girls... I'm a-I'm a modern thinker... I'll be around, acting as a deterrent... with my friend here.
Connie: Lil' Slugger.
Dale: Yeah. It only looks small 'cause I'm so big.

Dr. Linkletter: I heard you're raising money to study in Germany. Is that true?
Sheldon: Yes, but I'm not having any luck.
Dr. Linkletter: Oh, your luck's about to change. Here's one week of my pay.
Sheldon: Wow, thank you.
Dr. Linkletter: Mm. Whatever it takes to get you on that plane. I also passed the hat in the faculty lounge...
Sheldon: I don't know what to say.
Dr. Linkletter: I do. Auf Wiedersehen, you little rascal.

Pastor Jeff: I told the congregation about your exciting opportunity in Germany, and boy, were they thrilled to help. I've never seen the collection plate so full.
George: Well, thank you.
Sheldon: Are you seeing this? I am beloved.
Pastor Jeff: Sure.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий