16 июн. 2023 г.

Unto Others

The Wire 4×7


Omar Little: They got Honey Nut Cheerios in here?.. Shit.

Big Guy: Who you calling?
Omar Little: Police.
Big Guy: The police?
Omar Little: Man owe me a favor.

Former Mayor 'Young Tony': National party has to take notice. Young and pretty as you are, I'm sure they've got ideas. All you have to do now is run the city.

Former Mayor 'Young Tony': ... you know what, Tommy? That's what it is. You're sitting, eating shit all day long, day after day, year after year. When I realized that, I decided being a downtown lawyer and seeing my family every night made for a fine life. Just a fine life.

Reginald 'Bubbles' Cousins: I see you up here undercover. All right. Don't worry, dawg. I'll keep it close.

Omar Little: I got a bounty on my head, man... five figures. If I would have known I'd be sharing quarters with all these boys, I probably wouldn't have robbed so many of them.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Aw yeah. That Golden Rule...

Omar Little: Well, since you feeling all Biblical and righteous and all, you think on this. If Omar ain't killed that delivery lady, somebody else did. But you giving him a free walk right now, though, ain't you? A man got to have a code.

Mayor Clarence V. Royce: What the hell are we waiting for? Bring your ass around here and try out the big chair... Come on. Come on around here.
Mayor-Elect Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: I'm not even mayor-elect. General election's still a few weeks away.
Mayor Clarence V. Royce: You don't beat Crawford in a city where we outnumber Republicans nine to one, you don't deserve the fucking job, now, get on around here.

Mayor Clarence V. Royce: Wherever you want to go, whatever you want to look at. See to it. It's a hell of a goddamn job. Halfway glad to get out... I'm gonna miss it.

Maj. Cedric Daniels: A wise man once told me years ago when I wasn't even a sergeant that you should never take credit when the crime rate drops unless you want to take the blame when it rises.

Sgt. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Help me, Carv.
Sgt. Ellis Carver: This is not my problem.
Sgt. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Don't fuck me, Carv. Don't fuck me now.
Sgt. Ellis Carver: You know what this is? This is one of those enabling relationships.
Sgt. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Enable me, Carv. Enable me to find my fuckin' camera.

Mayor-Elect Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: Fine. I'll do it myself.
State Sen. R. Clayton 'Clay' Davis: You won't. Royce can fire a black police commissioner, but the newly elected white mayor cannot. Brothers who voted for you'll be at your throat.

Namond Brice: Mr. Colvin, sir? Fuck... you.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий