13 июн. 2023 г.

Margin of Error

The Wire 4×6


Reverend: I'll tell you what, I will keep an open mind until I walk into that booth on Tuesday and if you win...
Councilman Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: You're holding me to a high standard. Moses? I mean, Jesus...
Jen Carcetti: Tommy.
Councilman Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: I'm sorry. I can't believe I said that.
Reverend: Moses will do for now. We'll save Jesus for your second term.

Brianna Barksdale: You both got what was coming. But ain't nothing lasts forever.

Deputy Commissioner for Operations William A. Rawls: Tactical tells me we're still about 20 bodies short for manning the polling places. I want you to detail two detectives to uniformed election duty immediately.
Sgt. Jay Landsman: Let me guess: Norris and Greggs.
Deputy Commissioner for Operations William A. Rawls: Sounds good. They're to report to Tactical at 1300 today for election orientation. They can pick up their writ and talk to their snitch on Wednesday... American democracy. Let's show those Third World fucks how it's done.
Sgt. Jay Landsman: Yes, sir.

Councilman Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: Could be a great city again. Pull some jobs in here. People move back, fix up the houses...

Councilman Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: We won.
Jen Carcetti: Are we happy about that?
Councilman Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: I think so... I think we are. Yeah.
Jen Carcetti: You sure?

Theresa D'Agostino: Moolie?
Norman Wilson: Moolie.
Theresa D'Agostino: He said that in front of you?
Norman Wilson: He made a point of it, in fact.
Councilman Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: You said I oughta shore up my base.
Jen Carcetti: You didn't call him on it?
Councilman Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: The ironies of democracy. A vote's a vote. And I never throw one back. Speaking of ballots, did you vote for me?
Norman Wilson: The sanctity of the voting booth is a cornerstone of American democracy.

Theresa D'Agostino: Well, Tommy... four years is a long time for a fellow like you. This could be your last chance for a while... You sure? Maybe you have learned something... Write me a check.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий