16 июн. 2023 г.

Love is a Stranger

Inside No. 9 (8×4)


Edgar: Well, statistically, you're more likely to be killed by someone you know than a complete stranger, so let's live dangerously, shall we? I'm Edgar.

Edgar: Anyway, Vicky, it's been lovely to meet you.
Vicky: Oh, no, we've still got a minute.
Edgar: Well, 55 seconds.
Vicky: That's...that's half a lifetime in speed dating.

Vicky: You never know, I might be the one.
Edgar: Of course, but, erm, if you go shopping for a new sofa, for example, you don't just buy the first one you see, do you? You sit on a few first to get a feel for it. Some can be saggy... You know? And some can be sleek and... hard.
Vicky: And some can be fluffy and comfortable and last you a lifetime.

Vicky: No, I'd rather not say... Erm, I'm as old as my gums and a little bit older than my teeth.
Norman Jenkins: I'll... put 58.

Norman Jenkins: Now, these you can answer in the order you like, but I'd like to know the following. Occupation and salary, pastimes and interests, family and domestic expectations.

Manny: You never know who you're going to get, do you?
Vicky: Mm, yeah, true.
Manny: .... You've got lovely eyes.

Manny: You can't go wrong if you're straight up with people, do you know what I mean? Be honest. And if they like you, they like you. And if they don't, it's four minutes out your life.

Manny: I, Vicky, run a premium phone line for people trying to solve their Rubik's Cubes.
Vicky: Honestly?
Manny: Swear down. People ring up. They've got three sides done. They want to know how to progress...

Lesley: I think they've put me on the wrong track because of my name — Lesley. It's one of those bi... polar names, isn't it? Although it shouldn't be a problem in this day and age, what with all the mixing of the gender fluids.

Lesley: Anyway, I'm not a lesbian. I'm not even bi... curious. I can't imagine anything worse.

Lesley: So, now... tell me, Vic, have you seen anyone who's Mr Right out there, or are they all a bit...?
Vicky: Mr Lefts, as my mother used to say.

Lesley: And, sometimes, Vic... when I'm slipping into the bath of an evening, I glance in the mirror and I think to myself, "What three words would I use to describe my body shape?” Do you ever think that? And if so, what would they be?
Vicky: So... what?
Lesley: The three words. Take your time. We've still got a minute left.

Vicky: There's so many nasty men out there. But there's one good thing... I've found about dating sites like these. If a person's not good enough for you... just... swipe left.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий