18 июн. 2023 г.

How It Ends: As a Starter and a Main

Avenue 5 (2×4)


Paul: You might want to get out of the airlock. Unless you want to, you know, die.
Doug: Yeah...
Paul: ...
Doug: Don't want that. Not most days.

Iris Kimura: ...so you substitute me with this?
Mads: Me? Nah, I'm kinda more of a "he" than a "this."
Herman Judd: I actually do see you as a "this." "He" feels a little arrogant for you.

Billie McEvoy: Well, should I lock down the ship?
Ryan Clark: Well, I don't know. Should you?
Billie McEvoy: It's your decision... And the answer is yes.
Ryan Clark: All right.

Ryan Clark: Sorry, what... what's that done exactly?
Billie McEvoy: Well, I've just sealed every room on the ship.
Rav Mulcair: So, we're locking an unknown number of people in a room with an escaped cannibal?
Billie McEvoy: Uh. Yes, but we're also locking a larger unknown number of people out of the room with the cannibal.
Ryan Clark: Yeah. No, when you put it like that, we're fucking heroes.

Ryan Clark: Oh, they're fine. If they're complaining, it means they haven't been eaten yet.

Ryan Clark: Let's find the cannibal...
Billie McEvoy: The data center! I mean, that has surveillance of every single room in the entire ship. Thank you, Supreme Court.

Billie McEvoy: This is the data center.
Ryan Clark: Bit more of a data vending machine, er, isn't it?
Billie McEvoy: Well, it's a synoptic array.
Ryan Clark: Okay. What does that mean?
Billie McEvoy: It arrays things synoptically.
Ryan Clark: No, Billie, you keep doing th... That's just the same words in a different order. What does it mean?
Billie McEvoy: Means that the screens go changey-changey. And they show you all the different parts of the ship. So, let's play "Spot the Cannibal."

Paul: Look, I can't treat an injury while it's basically still happening to you.

Iris Kimura: You can't just leave us up here to die.
Lucas Sato: We're not. We're just leaving you. What you do after that is completely up to you.

Doug: I'm gonna be a dad. My dad had a dad. And his dad had a dad. It's... it's like a... circle. Or no, it's... it's like that. It's like... one of these guys. What are they called? The straight-along fuckers that don't bend?
Paul: Lines.
Doug: Ah! It's a line!

Herman Judd: What the fuck is taking him so long? It's simple, do you wanna be blackmailed, yes or no?
Iris Kimura: No news is good news. Not as good as good news, but not as bad as bad news.

Ryan Clark: He's a very bad man.
Paloma: No, he's not! He's a good man who made some bad choices, Matt said!
Matt Spencer: Ryan, please, try to see the human, not the cannibal.

Ryan Clark: Put him in the... in the... Do we have a cell or...
Billie McEvoy: It's called a brig.
Ryan Clark: Put him in the brig! Welcome to your vegan years, my friend!

Lucas Sato: Don't call me again. You just wasted two grams of lithium.

Rav Mulcair: Wait, so, what... what exactly are we saying to the passengers?
Ryan Clark: Captain one, cannibal nil. Or does that sound like I've eaten someone?

Billie McEvoy: Sometimes I forget that underneath your confused-old-man shtick, you're actually just a confused old man.

Billie McEvoy: You want to me to do what I want? Is that what you want?
Ryan Clark: Well, I'll tell you what I don't want from you, yodeling away in my ear, is you being the power behind the throne, pissing on the throne, and then complaining that the throne smells of piss!
Rav Mulcair: What a phallocentric metaphor...
Billie McEvoy: Okay, Ryan, I am not pissing on your throne. And, Rav, I could totally piss on a throne.

Ryan Clark: Ladies and gentlemen... what you just heard was... Well, it was... .... It's all true. Every word of it, it's all true. So, now you know everything. Where do you want to go from here?

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий