6 июн. 2023 г.

Bull Elephants

The White Lotus 2×3


Portia: Is everything boring?... I just feel like there must have been a time when the world had more. You know? Like... mystery or-- or something, and now you come somewhere like this and it's beautiful and you take a picture, and then you realize that everybody's taken that exact same picture from that exact same spot. You just made some redundant content for stupid Instagram... And you can't even get lost anymore 'cause you can just find yourself on Google Maps.

Bert Di Grasso: ... The Godfather. You've seen it, right?
Portia: Some of it, I think. Yeah.
Bert Di Grasso: "Some of it?" Francis Ford Coppola made three of them. First two are classics, and they were shot right around here.

Tanya MacQuoid-Hunt: But ever since you found out that you're gonna have a lot more years, I feel like you just realized that you were gonna be stuck living them with me.

Greg Hunt: Couples don't always get along. You knew I wasn't great at this. I've been married four times.
Tanya MacQuoid-Hunt: Four?
Greg Hunt: Tanya?...
Tanya MacQuoid-Hunt: I thought it was only three...
Greg Hunt: Tanya. Four, including you.

Albie Di Grasso: It's because you're nostalgic for the solid days of the patriarchy.
Dominic Di Grasso: They're undeniably great movies.
Albie Di Grasso: Men love The Godfather because they feel emasculated by modern society. It's a fantasy about a time when they could go out and solve all their problems with violence... and sleep with every woman... and then come home to their wife who doesn't ask them any questions and makes them pasta.
Bert Di Grasso: Hey, hey, hey. It's a normal male fantasy.
Albie Di Grasso: No, movies like that socialize men into having that fantasy.
Dominic Di Grasso: Movies like that exist because men already do have that fantasy. We're hard-wired.
Bert Di Grasso: Mm. Comes with the testosterone.
Albie Di Grasso: No. Gender is a construct. It's created.
Bert Di Grasso: You spent all that money on Stanford, he comes back brainwashed.

Bert Di Grasso: Do we embarrass you, Albie?
Albie Di Grasso: No, it's just... I don't think... you realize how you sound sometimes.
Bert Di Grasso: They used to respect the old. Now, we're just reminders of an offensive past everybody wants to forget.

Tarocchi: The cards say your husband is in love with someone else. This card means deceit. He is being deceitful. And this card is beauty. There's someone beautiful in his life.
Tanya MacQuoid-Hunt: Uh, couldn't that be me?
Tarocchi: Not you.
Tanya MacQuoid-Hunt: Not me?

Tanya MacQuoid-Hunt: This is very negative. I can't believe I paid for this. 'Cause this is just really-- You are so negative! It's not supposed to be like this. You're supposed to-- This is supposed to build me up.

Daphne Sullivan: I'd hate to be a man, honestly. It'd just be so lonely. I mean, they're so competitive. It's like, can they even be friends with each other?
     Cameron and I went on a safari and, um, on safari, you see all these pods of elephants and they're all, like, bathing in the river and playing with each other and it's so sweet. But it's just the moms and the babies. Because when the boy elephants get too big, they kick them out of the pod. And then the bull elephant has to, like, wander through the jungle by himself for the rest of his life.
     I feel sorry for men, you know. It's like... they think they're out there doing something really important. but really they're just wandering alone.

Tanya MacQuoid-Hunt: Portia. Don't spend your life chasing emotionally unavailable men. Or you'll spend your whole life just banging your head against a wall.

Cameron Sullivan: Are you an angel sent from heaven?
Lucia: No, but these are expensive, guys. You will have to pay for it.
Cameron Sullivan: I got money, baby. That's one thing I do got.

Albie Di Grasso: How was your day?
Portia: Uh, pretty grim... actually. I feel like if I murdered my boss, I could argue it was euthanasia.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий