25 апр. 2014 г.

Time Zones

Mad Men 7×1

& Fred: I’m gonna have another cup of coffee.
    Peggy: You really put the “free” in freelancer, don’t you?

& Wayne: They pay me to think about the four Ps... price, product, place, and promotion.
    Joan: That’s a smart way to think about it...
    Wayne: I have a degree in business. It’s not a science, but we try to make it one. And advertising is just a small piece of the marketing mixture...

& Joan: It does sound like the conversation is getting bigger than the two of us.
    Wayne: There’s someone above you and someone below you and everybody’s buying everybody dinner.

& Don: I like what you did with it.
    Megan: I love it. But my next house is gonna have a pool. Our next house.

& Don: You sure you don’t want to move into a more populated area? It’s like Dracula’s castle up here.

& Pete: Believe it or not, Brooklyn Avenue is a street in East Los Angeles. The New Yorkers here, they brought as much as we need. But the bagels are terrible.


& Pete: The city is flat and ugly and the air is brown, but I love the vibrations.
    Don: You not only dress like a hippie, you talk like one.

& Pete: So although Beverly Hills has the patina of show business, it’s really just accountants, lawyers, and dentists. And you can walk to lunch, although I don’t.

& Joan: Well, when I started working, my goodness... 16 years ago, all of our clients were on commission. We started discussing a fee-based model three years ago. Now we’re at 50-50.

& — Don’t tell me you enjoy flying.
    Don: I fly a lot... And I’m always hoping I was seated next to, well, someone like you... instead of a man with a hairpiece eating a banana. But why would I expect anything else?
    — You You can blame Madison Avenue for that.

& Lou: Why are you making this so hard? Open the door and walk in. You do not need to parachute in through the ceiling.
    Peggy: But I don’t mind. I just want to give you my best.
    Lou: I don’t know, Peggy. I guess I’m immune to your charms.

& Peggy: Well, I’m tired of fighting for everything to be better. You’re all a bunch of hacks who are perfectly happy with shit. Nobody cares about anything. No one wants things to be better, I got it. I’ll just stand out here all by myself!

& Fred: Why don’t you stop this Cyrano bit and march your ass in there and get us both a job?
    Don: Because I have a job.
    Fred: It’s been two months. Nobody’s called, right?

--
On the IMDb

Σ Something (a lot) needs to be changed.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий