8 апр. 2014 г.

House of Cards 2×5

Chapter 18

& Francis: But China could just do it. I mean, you know as well as I, you don’t require WTO ruling.
    Mr. Feng: Appearances, as you say. It’s important that it looks like America forced us out, not that we gave in.

& Francis: In Gaffney, we had our own brand of diplomacy: shake with your right hand, but hold a rock in your left.

& Gavin: This is the FBI. It’s not a few street cops.
    Lucas: You think you’re badass because you’re on some vigilante anarchy kick? At least I have the balls to put my name on the work I do.
    Gavin: You’ve never faced a hundred years in prison, you self-righteous prick. Most of my friends are locked up and rotting away ’cause they poked the bear one too many times. Why? They wanted to expose government surveillance, the PRISM program, embezzlement, abuse, fucking torture, lies. You’re a journalist? Who gives a shit? We’re fucking soldiers!

& Francis: Now where are we with Mr. Goodwin?
    Doug: Any day now. Thirty-five to life. Cyberterrorism. The penalties are stiff.
    Francis: This needs to be clean, Doug... One fall of the axe.


& Gavin: You have keys?
    Henslow: We own you. Yes, we have keys.

& Doug: We need to discuss something first.
    Francis: What’s wrong?

& Francis: I’d rather manage someone I don’t trust than someone who’s reckless.

& Francis: Do you know how Grant defeated Lee?.. He had more men. That’s all. And he was willing to let them die. It was butchery, not strategy, which won the war.

& Mr. Feng: Mr. Tusk and I have great resources at our disposal...
    Francis: Add up all your billions together and you get the GDP of Slovakia. I have the federal government of the United States of America.

& Francis: ...And the butchery begins.

& Francis: Thank you... And God bless the United States of America.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий