9 февр. 2021 г.

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)

Ricky Roma: They say it was so hot downtown this afternoon, grown men on the street corner were going up to cops begging the cops to shoot them.

Blake: Put that coffee down. Coffee's for closers only.

Blake: You think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from downtown. I'm here from Mitch and Murray. And I'm here on a mission of mercy.

Blake: You call yourself a salesman, you son of a bitch?
Dave Moss: I don't got to listen to this shit.
Blake: You certainly don't, pal, 'cause the good news is you're fired. The bad news is you've got, all of you've got, just one week to regain your jobs, starting with tonight. Starting with tonight's sit. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac El dorado. Anybody want to see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired. Do you get the picture? Are you laughing now?

Blake: The leads are weak? The fuckin' leads are weak?! You're weak. I've been in this business 15 years.
Dave Moss: What's your name?
Blake: Fuck you, that's my name! You know why, mister? Because you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80,000 BMW. That's my name. And your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the man's game? You can't close them? Then go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life, get them to sign on the line which is dotted! You hear me, you fucking faggots?

Blake: A-B-C. A, Always, B, Be, C, Closing. Always Be Closing. A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention. Do I have your attention? Interest. Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision. Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action. A-I-D-A.

Dave Moss: You're such a hero, you're so rich. How come you're here, waste your time with such a bunch of bums?
Blake: You see this watch?.. You see this watch?!
Dave Moss: Yeah.
Blake: That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make?... You see, pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing... Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you, go home and play with your kids. You want to work here, close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker?! You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave. I can go out there tonight, the materials you got, make myself $15,000. Tonight, in two hours! Can you? Can you?! Go and do likewise. A-I-D-A. Get mad, you son of a bitches. Get mad!

Blake: You know what it takes to sell real estate? It takes brass balls to sell real estate. Go and do likewise, gents. The money's out there, you pick it up, it's yours, you don't, I got no sympathy for you. You want to go out on those sits tonight and close, close, it's yours. Not, you're gonna be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar, "Oh yeah, I used to be a salesman. It's a tough racket."

Blake: These are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for closers. I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer your question, pal, "Why am I here?" I came here because Mitch and Murray asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said, "The real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass, because a loser is a loser."

Ricky Roma: When you die, you're gonna regret the things you don't do. You think you're queer? I'm gonna tell you something. We're all queer. You think you're a thief? So what? You get befuddled by a middle-class morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out. You cheat on your wife, you did it. Live with it. You fuck little girls, so be it. There's an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what? If you think there is, go ahead, be that thing. Bad people go to hell? I don't think so. You think that, act that way. A hell exists on Earth? Yes. I won't live in it. That's me.

Ricky Roma: What I'm saying, what is our life? Our life is looking forward or it's looking back. That's it. That's our life. Where's the moment? And what is it we're so afraid of? Loss. What else? The bank closes, we get sick, my wife died on a plane? The stock market collapsed? What of these things happen? None of them. We worry anyway. Why?

Ricky Roma: You know, they say, "You don't buy it, you rent it." Huh? The thing. You really... What do you keep? I mean, you don't keep anything, really. No. Security. Things. You know? Mm-hmm. It's just, you try to stave off insecurity. You can't do it. No. No, that's what I'm telling you. Stocks, bonds, objects of art, real estate, what are they? An opportunity. To what? To make money? Perhaps. To lose money? Perhaps. To indulge and to learn about ourselves? Perhaps. So fucking what? What is it? They're an opportunity. That's all they are. They're an event.

George Aaronow: When I talk to police, I get nervous.
Ricky Roma: Yes, you know who doesn't?
George Aaronow: No, who?
Ricky Roma: Thieves.
George Aaronow: I don't know what I'm gonna tell 'em.
Ricky Roma: The truth, George, always tell 'em the truth. Easiest thing to remember.

Ricky Roma: You wanna learn the first rule you'd know if you ever spent a day in your life? You never open your mouth till you know what the shot is.


+++ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий