26 февр. 2021 г.

A Family Man (2016)

Dane Jensen: I am a headhunter and I am the purest form of salesman alive. I sell the American dream. I make money out of thin air, smoke, whole cloth. I stand on the shoulders of giants, the hardest of hardened salesmen. Tin men, bible salesmen, slum realtors. We're a wolf pack of commissioned phone jockeys working 70 hours a week without a net. You hit, you hit big. You blank, and the repo man's tailgating the minivan at the grocery store. This job is a desk, a phone, a chair and your ass.

Dane Jensen: Ryan eat breakfast?
Elise: If you can call it that. He likes cereal and it's easy.
Dane Jensen: Of course he does, Elise, what kid doesn't like colored marshmallows swimming in whole milk?

Ed Blackridge: Bob, were you not here this past Saturday or Sunday?
Bob: No, I don't think anyone was here.
Ed Blackridge: You blanked for three months.
Bob: I got two kids, my wife had divorced me, I started coming in on the weekends.
Ed Blackridge: Ah, wife and two kids, I see... You're gonna score in October?
Bob: I'm sure gonna try my best.
Ed Blackridge: Try? Your attitude is to try?! Bob… What about an attitude that says "I'll do whatever it takes, I'll work whatever hours necessary, in order to justify your financial commitment to me, Ed"?
Bob: Oh…
Ed Blackridge: Bob… Are you going to get a deal?!?!

Sumner: I don't know…
Dane Jensen: We're headhunters, Sumner. In an economic shit storm. Now I can teach you how to count cards, but I can't make you do it. So you either reach deep inside and find that small dark part of yourself that's predatory… Or there's the door.

Dane Jensen: Alright. Try giving yourself a desk name, something tough, visual. Watch Wall Street, Godfathers 1 and 2, not 3.

Elise: It's sad.
Dane Jensen: It's just Halloween, Elise. How sad can a bunch of dressed-up kids with a bellyful of candy actually be?
Elise: Sad for you, Dane. You're missing it. Even when you're here you're not really here. You're always thinking about some deal you've got going, or some candidate you're scamming. One day, you're gonna wish you had this time back... I love you and it makes me sad. For you.

Lou Wheeler: But, Dane? Remember something... Every family has its issues. But you only have one family.

Dane Jensen: Tell me, what are you saying when they ask you, "Tell me a little bit about yourself?"... No, Lou. Lou, no, Lou, Lou, stop! Christ, brother, this isn't the biography channel. Even I wouldn't hire you... Alright. Okay. Say this.....
Lou Wheeler: Miss Smith… Toni? You know, I've been working a long time, you can see that. And all those years, I've seen a lot of people come and go. I've seen people chasing what they think will make them happy, money, titles, whatever. But it seems to me, if a man, or a woman, can be paid an honest wage for an honest job, and if you can look back at what you've done and feel proud, well then, you're happy.
     I know I'm running the risk of sounding a little old fashioned, or naive even, but… I don't think you can ever be too qualified to be happy. Do you?


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий