7 февр. 2021 г.

Everything Is Now

Dark 1×9


The Stranger: Man has always puzzled over his origin. His genesis.
     Created by God? Or a product of evolution?
     If we could see yesterday and tomorrow at the same time, the origin and the end, the entire universe in a single moment, we might finally find answers to the biggest questions of all.
     What is man? Where does he come from? What drives him? What is his purpose?

Noah: We are all full of sin. No pure human being exists. But no matter what we do, we never fall any lower than into God's hands.
Helge Doppler 1986: And what if they aren't God's hands? What if they are the hands of the devil?
Noah: God sent me to you. Did he not? We don't meet the people we meet by accident. We touch the lives of others and are touched ourselves, and thus God's hands guide us to our true destiny. Let us pray.
     Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil... for you are with me... your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
     You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
     You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
     Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


Egon Tiedemann 1953: The two boys? That's impossible. They can't be there. I changed that.
Ulrich Nielsen: What did you change?
Egon Tiedemann 1953: The course of time.

Claudia Tiedemann 1986: Just what might have happened there?
Bernd Doppler 1986: Do you believe that Hannibal marched over the Alps with elephants? There are no truths, just stories. And the story of this city is now in your hands. Is our power plant safe? Can something like Chernobyl happen in our plant? You decide what story you want to tell.

Helge Doppler 1986: Why would God want any of this?
Noah: After looking into hell, as you have, it can never be forgotten. It becomes a part of you. And the idea of God, of Jesus the Savior, becomes a thread of hope you cling to. All of us who know the darkness long for the light, but... there is no God! God didn't make this hole among us. God doesn't have a plan. There is no plan at all. There's nothing but chaos out there. Pain... and chaos!

Noah: People are bad. Malicious, evil. Life is nothing but a spiral of pain. And the world is doomed to be destroyed. But this here... This is our ark. And I'm Noah. If we can harness this energy, we can change everything. Then we decide the world's fate, far removed from all the evil and from all pain. We'll create a time machine that reorders everything, the beginning and the end.

Claudia Tiedemann: I made lots of mistakes back then. Believe me, if I could turn back time, I would do lots of things differently.

Hannah Kahnwald: Why do some people have everything and some nothing? Why do you and Regina have a beautiful home and I can't even pay my electrical bill? Why does fate predestine a good life for some and not for others?

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий