9 апр. 2017 г.

Taboo 1×8

& Sir Stuart: Is this the extent of your ambition?

& Delaney: I need a ship. You have four hours.

& Wilton: For what reason, sir?
    Sir Stuart: Hm?
    Wilton: What I mean is— I should give in the daybook? The official reason.
    Sir Stuart: Well, let’s see... «The Good Hope was taken to Wapping Wall for an unannounced inspection of its hull for short measure of tar, in case of fraudulent accounting by the ship fitters, Master and Preece.» Hmm? Put that in the daybook.

& Wilton: And what... is the official reason... for sending two Company dray carts to Bedlam Insane Asylum?
    Sir Stuart: Because this whole thing is insane. Because this day is insane, because Delaney is insane! Because I am insane! Just do it.

& — Why do so many of them choose to be beaten?
    Countess Musgrove: Power. One told me it’s like pissing. You build up the power inside your belly and then you need to let it out, and a good thrashing from a Countess does the trick, apparently.

& Countess Musgrove: James? What are you to him?
    Lorna: I’m Mrs. Delaney.
    Countess Musgrove: His wife.
    Lorna: No. His mother.

& Coop: Give us the names, or you will be racked! I will squash your balls myself and make you eat the paste. You promised to give me those names!
    Delaney: Did I?... I must’ve lied.


& Delaney: I will tell you one thing, though. All the charges of treason brought against me... they will be dropped... before midday. Witnesses vanish. Testimonies, they burn. Demands will be met, and pride will be swallowed. And when morning becomes afternoon... then... I will become a free man.
    Coop: How would you know that?
    Delaney: The ravens just told me.

& Delaney: If she was in the river... she would sing to me. And I would hear her.

& Delaney: How did I not know?
    Lorna: Because the dead don’t sing.
    Delaney: If they don’t sing, then how do I hear them?

& Lorna: If anything... it’s a fine day to die at sea.

& Dumbarton: No-one in this city has only one master.
    Delaney: Pen... I do.

& Cholmondeley: No sparks, no flames, no inflammatory comments. I’m covered in explosives.

& Prince Regent: How is your religion these days, Coop?
    Coop: My what?

& Prince Regent: Fuck Nootka! Fuck wills! Fuck treaties! I’m the head of fucking state! And by the command of His Majesty... kill him.

& Delaney: Brace, you were not born for freedom. You wouldn’t know what to do with it. It would torture you.

& Sir Stuart: Aha, my final ace...

& Brace: His room is the attic. The one looking out to the river.

& Chichester: Justice.

& Atticus: I thought the gunpowder was for the Americans.
    Delaney: We are Americans.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий