5 апр. 2017 г.

Fences

& Bono: Times have changed, Troy. You just come along too early.
    Troy: There ought not never have been no time called «too early.»

& Troy: See this woman, Bono? I love this woman. I love her so much, it hurts. I love her so much, I done run out of ways of loving her...

& Cory: How come you ain’t never liked me?
    Troy: Like you? Who the hell said I got to like you? What law is there say I got to like you?!

& Troy: What law is there say I got to like you?
    Cory: None.
    Troy: All right, then. Don’t you eat every day? ..... You eat every day?
    Cory: Yes, sir.
    Troy: Got a roof over your head?
    Cory: Yes, sir.
    Troy: Got clothes on your back?
    Cory: Yes, sir.
    Troy: Why you think that is?
    Cory: ’Cause of you.
    Troy: Hell, I know it’s ’cause of me. But why do you think that is?
    Cory: ’Cause you like me?
    Troy: «Like» you. I go out of here every morning, I bust my butt putting up with them crackers every day ’cause I «like» you. You about the biggest fool I ever saw. It’s my job. It’s my responsibility. A man is supposed to take care of his family. You live in my house, fill your belly with my food, put your behind on my bed because you’re my son. Not ’cause I like you. ’Cause it’s my duty to take care of you. I owe a responsibility to you.

& Rose: Times have changed, Troy. People change. The world changing, and you can’t even see it.


& Bono: Some people build fences to keep people out, and other people build fences to keep people in. Rose wants to hold on to you all.

& Troy: I’m trying to explain it to you the best way I know how. It’s not easy for me to admit that I’ve been standing in the same place for 18 years!
    Rose: Well, I’ve been standing with you! I’ve been right here with you, Troy! I got a life, too. I gave 18 years of my life to stand in the same spot as you!

& Rose: Don’t you think I ever wanted other things? Don’t you think I had dreams and hopes? What about my life? What about me? .... You’re not the only one who’s got wants and needs. But I held on to you, Troy. I took all my feelings, my wants and needs and dreams, and I buried them inside you. I planted a seed and watched and prayed over it. I planted myself inside you and waited to bloom! And it didn’t take me no 18 years to realize the soil was hard and rocky, and it wasn’t never gonna bloom! But I held on to you, Troy. I held you tighter. You was my husband. I owed you everything I had. Every part of me I could find to give you.... And wherever you was going, I was gonna be there with you, because you was my husband. ’Cause that’s the only way I was gonna survive as your wife.

& Rose: You always talking about what you give and what you don’t have to give. But you take, too, Troy. You take and don’t even know nobody’s giving.

& Troy: All right, Mr. Death. I tell you what I’m gonna do. I’m gonna take and build me a fence around this yard, see? I’m gonna build me a fence around what belongs to me. And then I want you to stay on the other side. You stay over there till you’re ready for me, then you come on. Bring your army, bring your sickle, bring your wrestling clothes. I ain’t gonna fall down on my vigilance this time. You ain’t gonna... You ain’t gonna sneak up on me no more. When you ready for me, when the top of your list say Troy Maxson, then you come on up and knock on the front door. Ain’t nobody else got nothing to do with this. This between you and me. Man to man! You stay on the other side of that fence till you ready for me! Then you come up and knock on that front door anytime you want! I’ll be ready for you.

& Rose: From right now, this child’s got a mother. But you’re a womanless man.

& Rose: You Troy Maxson all over again.
    Cory: I don’t want to be Troy Maxson! I just want to be me.
    Rose: You can’t be nobody but who you are, Cory. That shadow wasn’t nothing but you growing into yourself. You either got to grow into it, or cut it down to fit you, but that’s all you got to make a life with. That’s all you got to measure yourself against the world out there.

& Rose: Your daddy wanted you to be everything he wasn’t, and at the same time, he wanted you to be everything he was. Now, I don’t know if he was right or wrong, but I do know he meant to do more good than he meant to do harm. Sometimes, when he touched, he bruised, and sometimes, when he took me in his arms, he cut.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий