19 апр. 2017 г.

And the Winner Is... (The Oscars of 1963)

Feud 1×5


& Olivia de Havilland: The 1963 Oscars. I have to say that’s when things took such an ugly turn. Not that everything was sunshine and lollipops up until then, but it was the Academy Awards that year when it became the point of no return for both Bette and Joan...

& Olivia de Havilland: Unscrupulous reporters did everything they could to sow hatred between myself and my own sister.
    Reporter: The actress Joan Fontaine is your younger sister...
    Olivia de Havilland: Well, she’s not that much younger, but yes.
    Reporter: So there is no feud between you two?
    Olivia de Havilland: A feud implies continuing hostile conduct between two parties. I can’t remember an instance where I instigated hostile behavior.

& Joan Crawford: Her third Oscar...
    Hedda Hopper: You always did stink at math, Joanie, not a third Oscar. Her tenth nomination, her eighth loss. That’s the way you got to think of it.

& Joan Crawford: I have been in competition with that goddamn woman my entire career. A constant battle. For men, for roles, for magazine covers... And I don’t know why. I was the bigger star. My leading men were more attractive. My pictures made more money. And yet I was always made to feel inferior.


& Joan Crawford: Don’t forget, Gerry. You’re representing Hollywood. I mean, this broadcast will be seen all over the world. People depend on us to brighten their ordinary lives with a little glamour.

& Geraldine Page: Well... good news. I’m not going to make you put on a tux this year.
    — You’re actually gonna let that high-strung show pony represent you at the Oscars?
    Geraldine Page: Well, she needs it. And besides, Hollywood should be forced to look at what they’ve done to her.

& Mamasita: Move, move, move. Do not speak, just work. That goes for everyone here. Do not address Miss Crawford unless she speaks to you first. And pick up the pace. It is Oscar day.

& Bette Davis: Wait up for me, boys. Tonight I’m bringing you home a baby brother.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий