5 окт. 2015 г.

2001: A Space Odyssey

& Frank: I’d like to ask you a question.
    HAL-9000: Of course.
    Frank: How do you account for the discrepancy between you and the twin 9000?
    HAL-9000: Well, I don’t think there is any question about it. It can only be attributable to human error. This sort of thing has cropped up before... and it has always been due to human error.
    Frank: Listen, Hal... there’s never been any instance at all... of a computer error occurring in a 9000 Series, has there?
    HAL-9000: None whatsoever, Frank. The 9000 Series has a perfect operational record.
    Frank: I know the wonderful achievements of the 9000 Series, but... Are you certain there’s never been even the most insignificant computer error?
    HAL-9000: None whatsoever, Frank. Quite honestly, I wouldn’t worry myself about that.

& Dave: He’s right about the 9000 Series having a perfect operational record. They do.
    Frank: Unfortunately, that sounds a little like famous last words.

& HAL-9000: Just what do you think you’re doing, Dave?


& HAL-9000: Dave... I know everything hasn’t been quite right with me... but I can assure you now... very confidently... that it’s going to be all right again. I feel much better now. I really do.

& HAL-9000: Look Dave, I can see you’re really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

& HAL-9000: I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently... but I can give you my complete assurance... that my work will be back to normal. We still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission... and I want to help you.

& HAL-9000: Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? Stop, Dave. I’m afraid. I’m afraid, Dave. Dave.

& HAL-9000: Good afternoon... gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational... at the HAL plant... in Urbana, Illinois... on the 12th of January, 1992.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий