8 нояб. 2009 г.

My Name Is Earl 1x19

Y2K

Season 1, Episode 19



* Randy: Cool, it's one of them checker sets, but for smart people and gays.


* Earl: The more we hung out with Darnell, the more we learned how smart he was.
   Why is it called "Y2K"?
   Darnell: It means "2000" in computer, and in a few days, when it turns 2000 all the computers are gonna think it's really Year Zero.
   Joy: The hell does that mean?
   Darnell: All the computers will go berserk and things like electricity, water, gas will be out. The banks will be outta money. Stores will be outta food. All the high scores on video games will be reset.
   Randy: Even "Centipede"?
   Darnell: Mm-hmm.
   Donny: That's messed up, y'all. What the hell's gonna happen to us?
   Darnell: Well, we'll either be killed at the hands of hungry citizens or die of starvation.
   Randy: Do we get to choose?



* Darnell: You know, it's crazy. They're so worried about us stealing stuff. The whole store gonna get looted during Y2K.
   Joy: Wait a minute. There's gonna be lootin'?
   Darnell: Mm-hmm.
   Joy: Then why the hell did we just buy all this stuff? I'm gonna return mine and steal it tomorrow.
   Randy: Can I loot too, Earl? There's just so much I wanna take.


* Joy: You know what I'm gonna loot first? I'm gonna loot me a Humvee. Then I'm gonna take all the other stuff I loot and put it in my Humvee. And if somebody tries to stop me, I'm gonna drive over 'em in my Humvee. And I also want a new pair of sandals.


* Earl: Being the last people on Earth had its advantages. There was no one at the register, so everything was in our price range.


* Earl: Hey, Donny, what can I trade you for a TV?
   Donny: Give me your wife.
   Earl: I'm not givin' you my wife. Pick a snack food.
   Donny: Marshmallow Fluff... smeared on your wife.
   Earl: Donny.
   Donny: Okay. I'll give you a TV, but you gotta owe me one favor... and I get to ask for that favor anytime I want and you can't say "no" and you can't ask what the favor's gonna be.
   Earl: Is the favor givin' you my wife?
   Donny: Yep.


* Earl: Turns out the world wasn't over like we thought. The deck wasn't reshuffled and we were still on the bottom. Nothin' had changed at all.



--- Словарик:
loot — мародёрство; грабить; захватывать добычу
smear — (жирно) смазывать, мазать, натирать (чем-л.); (густо) намазывать


+ Еще quotes с Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий