4 нояб. 2009 г.

The Big Bang Theory 1x05

The Hamburger Postulate

Season 1, Episode 5


* Penny: Leonard, I didn't know you played the cello.
   Leonard: Yeah, my parents felt that naming me Leonard and putting me in advanced-placement classes wasn't getting me beaten up enough.


* Leonard: What did Penny mean, "you'd make a cute couple"?
   Sheldon: I assume she meant the two of you... would constitute a couple that others might consider cute.
   An alternate and less likely interpretation is that you could manufacture one.


* Leonard: If Penny didn't know that Leslie had turned me down... then that would mean that she, Penny, thought I should ask her, Leslie, out... indicating that Penny had no interest in me asking her out.
   But because she did know I had asked Leslie out... and that she, Leslie, had turned me down... then she, Penny, could be offering consolation. "That's too bad, you would have made a cute couple."
   Sheldon: You're a lucky man, Leonard.
   Leonard: How so?
   Sheldon: You're talking to one of the three men in the West capable of following that train of thought.
   Leonard: Well, what do you think?
   Sheldon: I said I could follow it, I didn't say I cared.



* Leslie: Just so we're clear, you understand me hanging back to practice with you is a pretext for letting you know that I'm sexually available.
   Leonard: Really?
   Leslie: Yeah, I'm good to go.
   Leonard: I thought you weren't interested in me.
   Leslie: That was before I saw you handling that beautiful piece of wood between your legs.
   Leonard: You mean my cello.
   Leslie: No, I mean the obvious, crude double entendre.


* Sheldon: Just come with me. ... Well?
   Penny: Well, what?
   Sheldon: What does it mean?
   Penny: Come on, you went to college.
   Sheldon: Yes, but I was 11.
   Penny: A tie on the doorknob usually means someone doesn't wanna be disturbed because they're, you know, getting busy.
   Sheldon: So you're saying Leonard has a girl in there?
   Penny: Well, either that or he's lost his tie rack and gotten really into Bryan Adams.
   Leslie: Oh, Leonard, you magnificent beast.


* Leslie: What are you doing?
   Leonard: Just extending the intimacy. Hey, do you wanna slip over to the radiation lab... and share a decontamination shower?
   Leslie: Okay, what exactly do you think's going on between us?
   Leonard: I'm not sure, but I think I'm about to discover how the banana felt.
   Leslie: Neither of us are neuroscientists, but we both understand the biochemistry of sex. Dopamine in our brains is released across synapses, causing pleasure. Stick electrodes in a rat's brain, give him an orgasm button. He'll push that thing until he starves to death.
   Leonard: Well, who wouldn't? Heh.
   Leslie: The difference between us and the rat is you can't stick an electrode in our hypothalamus. That's where you come in.
   Leonard: Yeah, well, I'm just glad to be a part of it. Heh. So, what happens now?
   Leslie: Well, I don't know about your sex drive, but I'm probably good till New Year's.
   Leonard: Oh. Okay. Thank you.
   Leslie: Thank you.
   Leonard: You wanna make plans for New Year's?
   Leslie: Please, you're smothering me.


--- Словарик:
cello — виолончель
consolation — утешение
smother — душить; затруднять дыхание


+ Еще quotes с Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий