3 нояб. 2009 г.

House M.D. 3x21

Family

Season 3, Episode 21


* House: All you had to do was say, "Yes, I do." God knows it's a phrase that you've used often enough in your life. It was a mistake every time.
   Wilson: Give it a break. They said yes.
   House: That's not enough for you. You need them to feel good about saying yes.
   Wilson: I treat patients for months, maybe years, not weeks, like you. If they don't trust me, I can't do my job.
   House: The only value of that trust is that you can manipulate them.


* Foreman: I'm not like you. Your patient died because you were distracted over the death of your dad. I made a calculated decision.
   Chase: You acted like a human being.
   Foreman: I acted like House.


* Cuddy: Do you have anything to add to this debate?
   House: Wilson's right. Foreman's wrong. Your shirt is way too revealing for the office.



* House: You have only one decision to make. You can leave here with one dead son, or two.


* House 2 dying patient: Fourteen years on the planet, most of them spent suffering. Dying before you even got to drive a car, take off a girl's bra, drink a beer. Believe me, there's plenty you haven't done. Really good stuff.
   Must make it hard to believe in God, or fairness, larger purpose.
   But your life doesn't have to be meaningless. You can save your brother.


* Wilson: You should talk to him.
   House: Tell him how proud I am?
   Wilson: Hey, if you're ashamed of him, tell him that.
   House: Pride and shame only apply to people we have a vested interest in, not employees.
   Wilson: How many hours a day do you have to spend with someone before they're basically family?
   House: Good point. But, first, I've got to tell Cameron and Chase that they're violating God's will.
   Wilson: I'm just asking you to have an adult conversation to let him know...
   House: That he did a good job? He knows it. Adults don't need adult conversations, just like I don't need this conversation.


* House: You did good.
   Foreman: I did what you would have.
   House: Well, maybe I'm biased, but...
   Foreman: I tortured the kid.
   House: Because you knew it was right. You knew you were saving his brother.
   Foreman: I know. I don't like that I know. I hate that I can listen to a kid screaming in pain and not even take a moment to question whether I'm doing the right thing.
   I hate that in order to be like you, as a doctor, I have to be like you as a human being. I don't want to turn into you.
   House: You're not. You've been like me since you were eight-years-old.
   Foreman: You'll save more people than I will. But I'll settle for killing less.
   Consider this my two weeks notice.

! Та-да!


--- Словарик:
vested — обоснованный, законный, принадлежащий по праву
biased — пристрастный, предубеждённый


+ Еще quotes с Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий