24 мар. 2017 г.

Feud 1×1

Pilot


& Olivia de Havillend: There was never a rivalry like theirs. For nearly half a century, they hated each other, and we loved them for it.

& Olivia de Havillend: You know, they only made one film together. And how that happened and what happened afterwards, well... well, that was a story and a feud of biblical proportions.

& Olivia de Havillend: Feuds are never about hate. Feuds are about pain. They’re about pain.

& Joan Crawford: I’ve got great tits, too, but I don’t throw them in everyone’s face.

& Joan Crawford: There can only be room for one it girl. Is that right?
    Hedda Hopper: Well, men built the pedestal, darling, not me. There’s only room for one goddess at a time.
    Joan Crawford: Well, men may have built the pedestal, but it’s the women who keep chipping away at it until it comes tumbling down.

& Joan Crawford: This, my friend, is the Academy Award for Best Actress I won in 1945 for Mildred Pierce. And I would like another one.

& Joan Crawford: I can’t play Elvis’ grandmother. I won’t do it.

& Joan Crawford: Everything written for women seem to fall into just three categories: ingénues, mothers, or gorgons.

& Mamacita: She’s expecting you.... She’s expecting you on the patio.

& Joan Crawford: Now, you listen to me on this picture. I’ll get you the perfect costar.
    Robert Aldrich: Who do you have in mind?


& Joan Crawford: If something’s going to happen, we have to make it happen. No one’s looking to cast women our age. But together... they wouldn’t dare say no.

& Bette Davis: So what the hell happened to her anyway, Baby Jane?

& Joan Crawford: Oh, I-I’m offering you the title role.
    Bette Davis: The lead?
    Joan Crawford: ... You can call it that.

& Robert Aldrich: Bette, listen, here’s the deal. Crawford’s name on the marquee gets us distribution. I need her to get the picture made, but I need you to make the picture great.
    Bette Davis: Keep talking.

& Robert Aldrich: Bette, I promise you this is gonna be the greatest horror movie ever made. And Baby Jane’s the greatest part you’ll play since Margo Channing.

& Jack Warner: Bobby, I was so upset about that, that I got an ulcer and hemorrhoids from it. I still have them. I’ll show them to you...

& Reporter: Who do you think’s gonna grab the chair on the left?.. Whoever gets there first gets top billing right underneath the caption in tomorrow’s paper.

& Joan Crawford: I admire her talent and her craft. And I will have her respect. Even if I have to kill both of us to get it.

& Mamacita: It’s small.
    Joan Crawford: And dirty... Okay, Mamacita, let’s go to work.

& Bette Davis: Oh, one last thing... Lose the shoulder pads.
    Joan Crawford: I beg your pardon?
    Bette Davis: And cut back on the lipstick. You’re playing a recluse who hasn’t seen the sun for 20 years, for Christ’s sake.

& Hedda Hopper: «Stars of the night sky tend to keep to fixed orbits and never interfere with one another. Things sometimes operate that way in Hollywood, too. Bette Davis and Joan Crawford, stars of equal magnitude who ruled in motion pictures during the fabulous ’30s, never got to know one another. Now, in the Indian summer of their careers, they’re about to...»

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Σ Magnificient!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий