25 июн. 2017 г.

Offred

The Handmaid's Tale 1×1


& Offred: ...it isn’t running away they’re afraid of. A Handmaid wouldn’t get far. It’s those other escapes. The ones you can open in yourself given a cutting edge. Or a twisted sheet and a chandelier.

& Offred: May God make me truly worthy.

& Offred: Peace be with you.

& Ofglen: Blessed be the fruit.
    Offred: May the Lord open.

& Aunt Lydia: Blessed are the meek, dear.
    Offred: Blessed are the meek... They always left out the part about inheriting the Earth.


& Offred: Moira, what’d they do to her?
    Moira: «If my right eye offends thee, pluck it out.» We’re breeding stock. You don’t need eyes for that.

& Offred: The knock is prescribed ’cause tonight this room is her domain... It’s a little thing, but, in this house, little things mean everything.

& Commander Waterford: «And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister, and said unto Jacob, Give me children or else I die. And she said, ’Behold my maid, Bilhah. Go in unto her... and she shall bear upon my knees that I may also have children by her.’ And she gave him Bilhah, their Handmaid, to wife, and Jacob went unto her.»

& Moira: You want to see your baby girl again? Then you need to keep your fucking shit together.

& Ofglen: There’s an Eye in your house. Be careful.

& Offred: Her name is Hannah. My husband was Luke. My name... is June.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий