28 июн. 2017 г.

Late

The Handmaid's Tale 1×3


& Offred: Now I’m awake to the world. I was asleep before.
    That’s how we let it happen. When they slaughtered Congress, we didn’t wake up. When they blamed terrorists and suspended the Constitution, we didn’t wake up then either. They said it would be temporary. Nothing changes instantaneously.
    In a gradually heating bathtub you’d be boiled to death before you knew it.

& June: I think it’s another kind of army.

& Offred: Fuck. A rose is a rose, except here. Here it has to mean something.

& Nick: You need to remember a few things. You can’t change anything about this. It’s gonna end the same no matter what you do, so there’s no point trying to be tough or brave. Brave isn’t part of any of this. Everybody breaks. Everybody.

& Nick: Tell them everything. Whatever they want to know, just tell them.

& Moira: It sounds like they just froze any account with an «F» on it instead of an «M.»

& Moira: There’s a new law. Women can’t own property anymore.
    June: Wait, what?!


& June: They can’t just do this. They can’t.

& Luke: We’ll figure it out. This can’t last.

& Offred: Please, God, I don’t want pain. I don’t want to be a doll, hung on the wall. I want to keep on living. I’ll do anything. Resign my body freely to the uses of others. I’ll sacrifice. I’ll repent. I’ll abdicate. I’ll renounce...

& Aunt Lydia: Remember your scripture. Blessed are the meek.
    Offred: And blessed are those who suffer for the cause of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. I remember.

& Prosecutor: The accused stand charged with gender treachery, in violation of Romans, Chapter 1, Verse 26. By His word.

& Judge: Martha 6715301, you are hereby sentenced to the Common Mercy of the State. And you, Handmaid 8967. Your existence is an abomination. True justice would see you sent to an eternity of suffering.

& Offred: No ice cream for you this month, young lady.

& Aunt Lydia: Things will be so much easier for you now. You won’t want what you cannot have... Blessed be the fruit, dear.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий