18 июл. 2011 г.

Water for Elephants

& Charlie: So how long have you been in that home?
    Old Jacob: Too long. I don’t know why they call it a home you don’t know anybody there. They stuff you so full of drugs you don’t care.

& Old Jacob: Five kids and not one has a place for me since their mother died. They take turns visiting on weekends. My son forgot whose turn it was today so... You can’t blame him. The kid’s 71 he’s starting to lose it up here.

& Camel: It’s jake. It’s all we got in this damn Prohibition. Don’t seem American to deny a man a drink. Ain’t in the Constitution that a man has got a right to happiness?

& Camel: Come on. Got you some work.
    Jacob: With the animals?
    Camel: You betcha.
    Jacob: ... Never seen so much manure*.

& Jacob: Who’s the woman who works with the horses?
    Camel: That ain’t no woman, that’s the boss’ wife and she don’t talk to nobody and you don’t talk to her.

& August: You make sure the horse performs and the job is yours. Nine bucks a week. You do right by me, Cornell, I’ll show you a life most suckers can’t even dream of.

& Jacob: Are you sure they like this stuff? It’s gone bad.
    August: No they like goats. We’re all out of goats. Why don’t you start with Ritz here in the middle.
    Jacob: What do I do, just open the door and toss it in?
    August: Unless you think a formal sitdown is more appropriate.

& Jacob: ...... Think that’s funny?!
    August: Yes I do.
    Jacob: I coulda lost my arm!
    August: No, I couldn’t’ve. He doesn’t have any teeth.

& August: You know what circus is about? You said it yourself, kid. Blood, sweat, pain and shit. When circus begins to die and animals eat garbage, you know what men eat? Nothing. Your heart goes out to an animal suffering well, that’s noble and that’s good. But all that tells me is that you never saw men suffer.


& Marlena: Round here everybody works until they run into the ground. Nobody stops, nobody dies until August says so.

& Marlena: I think she likes music... That is a lovely song.
    Jacob: “Confessing That I Love You.”
    Marlena: ??
    Jacob: It’s the name of the song.
    Marlena: Ah, right, of course. Loui Armstrong.

& August: Jacob, the worlds run on tricks. Everyone plays. It’s having a true talent, a gift born within, something no degree can give you. You have such a talent.

& Jacob: It’s a pretty song.
    Marlena: “Don’t Tell Him What Happened.”
    Jacob: No, no, I’ll never do that.
    Marlena: The name of the song. “Don’t Tell Him What Happened to Me.”
    Jacob: The song?

& Jacob: About last night, I ..
    Marlena: It was just the champagne.
    Jacob: What was?
    Marlena: You’re new at this aren’t you? When a woman gives it to you straight don’t give her a line like you don’t remember.

& Marlena: It’s the only real home I’ve ever known. And you know I’m the star attraction. Out there I got nothing just like everybody else.

& Jacob: Are you hiring me?
    Charlie: I don’t know. What about your health?
    Jacob: There’s nothing wrong with me, I’m just old. Work is the best thing for age.

-- Dict:
manure — навоз

+ on Imdb.

Water for Elephants

__ Very good. Solid.

+ Christoph Waltz (who's well remembered from Inglourious Basterds) as August.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий