7 июл. 2011 г.

Wall Street (1/2)

& Carolyn: How you doing, Buddy?
    Bud Fox: Great, Carolyn. Doing any better would be a sin.

& Bud: Bud Fox, Jackson Steinem. ... Yes, I am aware of this. But if I could just explain the opportunities emerging in the international debt market...

& Bud: I’m tapped out. American Express got a hit man looking for me.
    Marvin: It coulda been worse, right? Coulda been my money.

& Carl Fox: Your mother still makes lousy spaghetti.
    Bud: It’s pasta now. Spaghetti’s out of date.

& Carl Fox: Come back home and live rent-free instead of that roach-infected place. $50,000! Jesus Christ! The whole world’s off its rocker! I made $47,000 last year. That’s before taxes.
    Bud: That’s Queens, Dad! A 5% mortgage and you rent the top room. I gotta live in Manhattan to be a player. There is no nobility in poverty any more, Dad. One day you’ll be proud of me. You’ll see.
    Carl Fox: It’s yourself you gotta be proud of, Huckleberry.

& Gordon Gekko: Lunch is for wimps.

& Gekko: Hey, see this? Can you believe it? It’s got a two-inch screen.
    Bud: I can hardly see it. It’s for my kid — Rudy. Three years old, he’s an electronics freak. We’re going into a new age, pal.

& Gekko: Cover that Bluestar buy. Put 200 thou on one of those bow-wow stocks you mentioned. Pick the dog with the least fleas*. Use a stop-loss, so your downside’s 100 thou. And buy a decent suit. You can’t come in here looking like this. {...}
    Bud: Yes, sir. Thank you, Mr. Gekko. Thank you for the chance. You will not regret this. You’re with a winner.
    Gekko: Right... right... And save the cheap salesman talk. It’s obvious.
    Bud: Excuse me, sir?
    Gekko: You heard me. I don’t like losses, sport. Nothing ruins my day more than losses.

& Gekko: Well, I guess your dad’s not a union representative of that company, huh?
    Bud: How do you know about my father?
    Gekko: The most valuable commodity I know of is information.

& Gekko: The public’s out there throwing darts at a board, sport. I don’t throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Read Sun Tzu, The Art of War. “Every battle is won before it’s ever fought.” Think about it.


& Bud: Lou, I got a sure thing... Anacott Steel.
    Lou: No such thing, except death and taxes. Not a good company any more. No fundamentals. What’s goin’ on, Bud? You know something? Remember, there are no short cuts, son. Quick-buck artists come and go with every bull market. The steady players make it through the bear markets. You’re a part of something here, Bud. The money you make for people creates science and research jobs. Don’t sell that out.
    Bud: You’re right, but you gotta get to the big time first, then you can do good things.
    Lou: You can’t get a little bit pregnant, son.

& Bud: If it hits 75, we’ll clean 24 mil.
    Gekko: Relax, pal. Don’t get emotional about stock. It clouds the judgment.

& Darien: See how this bit of celadon in the border is picked up by these cushions? Although it’s a sacrilege having that Etruscan vase on the table. Some dope might use it as an ashtray.
    Bud: I guess you’re a decorator?
    Darien: You got it. A great spender of other people’s money.

& Gekko: He’s right, I had to sell. The key to the game is capital reserves. If you don’t have enough, you can’t piss in the tall weeds with the big dogs.
    Bud: “All warfare is based on deception.” Sun Tzu. “If your enemy is superior, evade him. If angry, irritate him. If equally matched, fight. And if not, split. Re-evaluate.”
    Gekko: He’s learning, huh? Buddy’s learning!

& Gekko: Money never sleeps, pal.

& Gekko: Just made 800,000 in Hong Kong gold. It’s been wired to you. Play with it. You done good, but you gotta keep doing good. I showed you how the game works. Now school’s out.
    Bud: Mr Gekko, I’m there for you 110%.
    Gekko: No, no, no, no. You don’t understand. I wanna be surprised. Astonish me, pal. New info. I don’t care where or how you get it. Just get it.

& Gekko: Ah, Jesus! I wish you could see this. The light’s coming up. I’ve never seen a painting that captures the beauty of the ocean... at a moment like this. I’m gonna make you rich, Bud Fox. Yeah. Rich enough that you can afford a girl like Darien. This is your wake-up call, pal. Go to work.

& Barnes: Still seeing that sexy French chick?
    Bud: No. No. She asked the wrong question.
    Barnes: What was that?
    Bud: “What are you thinking?”


-- Dict:
flea — блоха

Ending

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий