29 июл. 2011 г.

Mad Men 4x4

The Rejected

Season 4, Episode 4


& Don: Lee, those restrictions aren’t going to affect Lucky Strike. Besides, Lee, your lawyers came up with them. “No more smoking teenagers”... we complied a year ago. “No more famous athletes”. And we have to stop using certain angles. Low angles, wide lenses... Anything that makes the smoker appear superhuman.

& Pete: Mr. Sterling. I don’t believe this. Roger!
    Roger: Throw yourself on the grenade. Protect the agency. You’re a partner now.

& Freddy: Can you imagine? Your financial future’s in the hands of a roomful of 22-year-old girls.
    Don: Not mine.


& Allison: I... I would appreciate it if you could write me a recommendation.
    Don: Absolutely. What would probably be even better is if you type up whatever you want and I’ll sign it.
    Allison: What?!
    Don: You’ve been sparkling in your duties. Just put it on my stationery, put whatever you want and I’ll sign it.
    Allison: I don’t say this easily, but you’re not a good person.

& Joan: What’s going on?
    Don: I’m gonna need a new secretary. And this cleaned up.
    Joan: Would you be open to Allison returning in a couple of days?
    Don: If that’s what she wants.
    Joan: Really?
    Don: No.

& Faye: I tried everything. I said “routine.” I tried “ritual.” All they care about is a husband. You were there. I’ll show you the transcripts.
    Don: You can’t tell how people are going to behave based on how they have behaved.
    Faye: Why are you being so hostile? You think I’ve never had this argument before?
    Don: Because you go in there and you stick your finger in people’s brains and they just start talking... blah blah blah... just to be heard. And you know what? Not only does it have nothing to do with what I do, but it’s nobody’s business
    Faye: Well, you’re the client.
    Don: That’s right.


+ on Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий