10 июл. 2011 г.

Tracker

& Customs Official: Mr. veen Dijmen?
    Van Diemen: Diemen. Van Diemen.
    Customs Official: Hello Mr. Diemen, how are you? What brings you all the way to our land at the edge of the earth?
    Van Diemen: Curiosity.
    Customs Official: Curiosity? You must be very curious if you traveled thousands miles...
    Van Diemen: Sure, I’m curious! I’m very eager to know why your soldiers sailed two oceans to help the British soldiers to destroy and burn my farm.

& Kereama: ... But the wicked will perish: The Lord’s enemies will be like the beauty of the fields, they will vanish... vanish like smoke. The 37th Psalm... I spent much time in a missionary school. There I learned to read.
    Van Diemen: You’re an educated man.
    Kereama: Does it matter?
    Van Diemen: Perhaps...
    Kereama: What?
    Van Diemen: ’Cause education is distinguished educated man from the savage.
    Kereama: So there are not savages here.

& Kereama: Your daughters, how old are they?
    Van Diemen: 8 and the twins are 6.
    Kereama: And where do they live? In the city?
    Van Diemen: ... No, they no longer live.

& Kereama: You can’t start a story and don’t finish it. That’s not good. That’s not good for your soul.


& Kereama: I pull the trigger!
    Van Diemen: I’ll take my chances.
    Kereama: My legs are cold!
    Van Diemen: You would have to stay there, would be dry.
    Kereama: You’re the most annoyed man I have ever known! I will kill you just for this!

& Kereama: You know, when you’re at sea for a long time, you need to find common language with all the people on the bark. If someone doesn’t fit into the team, we throw him out at the nearest port. Would that you... I think we wouldn’t wait for a harbor.

& Van Diemen: I take no risks with the rain.
    Kereama: There will be no rain. I am a sailor! I can tell you the weather from the color of water. ... I lied, okay? I lied!

& Kereama: I am not a criminal! You walking on my land! My Tupuna’s ancestors made name for this mountains and rivers. That’s my heritage. That’s my bloodline. And I saved your life, pussy thick. It’s about respect.
    Van Diemen: Let me tell you what’s the respect. During the war me and my people cut off the index fingers on the most bravest British officers. Only the most courageous. This was a manifestation of respect. Do you understand that? That’s what I did with people I respected.

& Major: You have not seen either action, soldier?
    Pvt. Rennick: No, sir. Not as such. Not yet. But I very much hope...
    Major: Only a small warning. Do everything so that when your children ask you what you did... what you did defending our country... you can give them a truthful answer.

& Kereama: Without freedom we are nothing.

& Major: You got him mercy a couple of weeks... maybe a few days. I sincerely hope it was worth.
    Van Diemen: You know, what a few days of life mean for a condemned man?..

On Imdb.

__ Very good one.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий