13 июл. 2011 г.

The Eagle

& Marcus Aquila: Should I call the men to arms?
    Lutorius: If it’s only cattle, they won’t thank you.
    Marcus: Better angry than dead.

& Claudius: Well, what would Rome say? Eagle lost, honor lost. Honor lost, all lost. Rome would love to get The Eagle back, but politics being politics, no senator’s gonna risk thousands of lives on a tainted legion. My hands are tied.
    Marcus: Not if you sent one man.
    Uncle Aquila: North of the wall? No Roman could survive up there.
    Marcus: Has anyone ever tried?

& Aquila: You can’t. No Roman can survive north of the wall alone. You can’t.
    Marcus: Then I’ll take Esca.
    Aquila: Esca?! ... He’s a Briton. He may not be from north of the wall, but he’s a Briton. And he will slit your throat the minute you’re alone.
    Marcus: He wouldn’t do that. He gave me his word!
    Aquila: His word? He’s a slave! He says what he says and he does what he does because he has to. Once you’re beyond the territories...
    Marcus: If I’m wrong, then I’ll die. And that’s how it should be.

& Gate Guardian: Where are you headed?
    Marcus: North.
    Guardian: Didn’t they tell you this is the end of the world?
    Marcus: Just open the gate, soldier.


& Marcus: We’re here to find The Eagle.
    Esca: How can a piece of metal mean so much to you?
    Marcus: The Eagle is not a piece of metal. The Eagle is Rome. It’s a symbol of our honor. Every victory. Every achievement. Wherever The Eagle is, we can say that Rome did that. ... You wouldn’t understand.

& Esca: I don’t trust him. He’s a deserter.
    Marcus: We don’t know that. He’s still a Roman.
    Esca: He was a Roman when he ran.

& Marcus: Esca, what’s happening?
    Esca: You’re my slave. Kneel!

& Marcus: I’m not eating that. I’m not a savage.
    Esca: Then die a Roman.

& Esca: So what now?
    Marcus: You decide.

+ on Imdb.

The Eagle

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий